Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CSR just stated CBS-HD leaving 61.5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dcarpa

dcarpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:02 AM

Can anyone confirm this - a phone call to a CSR today checked with his "department" during a call about a 2nd dish for 61.5 - he stated that I could still install it but it wont be needed in a month since CBS-HD was "definately" moving off of 61.5 to 110. Is this true?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:33 AM

No. All other HD programming is "moving". But so far CBS HD isn't.

See ya
Tony

#3 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 11:47 AM

maybe will be moving too then :D

#4 OFFLINE   dcarpa

dcarpa

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:24 PM

I had heard that the other HD programming would be moving (or the mirrors just dropped), but after clarifying with the rep he stated again that not only are the premium channels moving but the CBS source would be also.

It couldnt be that this CSR had absolutely no idea what he was talking about - it would seem odd that Dish would hire anybody but the top notch applicants....sorry, had to

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:40 PM

Could be Charlie isn't going to renew the CBS contract now that DirecTV will be offering CBSHD.

#6 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:44 PM

With negotiations going on CBSHD could disappear period. There is no indication that CBS HD will be moved. There is plenty of indication that the HBOHD, ShowtimeHD and Events HD will be dropped from 61.5 and 148.

#7 OFFLINE   taft

taft

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:22 PM

After looking at the dishchannelchart.com channel chart it shows both east and west coast feeds of CBSHD and the HDTV demo channel mirrored on 105. This could mean that these channels will show up on 105 in the near future. That would be nasty for people who have locals on 121 and also subscribe to CBSHD. If this is the case, those people who have 61.5 dishes have another waste of dish network hardware just like the model 5000/HDMod receiver. That is unless you like international programming or have some side locals on 61.5

#8 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:07 PM

After looking at the dishchannelchart.com channel chart it shows both east and west coast feeds of CBSHD and the HDTV demo channel mirrored on 105. This could mean that these channels will show up on 105 in the near future. That would be nasty for people who have locals on 121 and also subscribe to CBSHD. If this is the case, those people who have 61.5 dishes have another waste of dish network hardware just like the model 5000/HDMod receiver. That is unless you like international programming or have some side locals on 61.5

Well, all of the existing HDs on the side slots were mirrored at 105. When they found that AMC 2 won't do full conus with adequate signal, they moved 4 of the channels from 105 to 110. So, any activation of HD at 105 seems unlikely until AMC 15 is launched and in operation there.

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,519 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:07 PM

After looking at the dishchannelchart.com channel chart it shows both east and west coast feeds of CBSHD and the HDTV demo channel mirrored on 105. This could mean that these channels will show up on 105 in the near future. That would be nasty for people who have locals on 121 and also subscribe to CBSHD.

If it is important they may mirror them on 121.

JL

#10 OFFLINE   mattyro

mattyro

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:18 PM

Is this a conspiracy or what?? Last nite I fell off my chair when I saw that COMCAST had added CBS+ABC to complement the NBC it already had. So after living without CBS for 2 years you mean to tell me my 2 HD provisers (DISH+COMCAST) are gonna add cbs within one week of each other?? I guess when it rains it poors!!!!
SAVE FARSCAPE!!----WE DID IT !!!:smaileinh :blowout: :alterhase

#11 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:24 PM

Is this a conspiracy or what?? Last nite I fell off my chair when I saw that COMCAST had added CBS+ABC to complement the NBC it already had. So after living without CBS for 2 years you mean to tell me my 2 HD provisers (DISH+COMCAST) are gonna add cbs within one week of each other?? I guess when it rains it poors!!!!

Why would you say DISH is going to add CBS HD? They have had it for over a year.

spam firewall