Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

11 ClubDish Referrals 02/12, $0 Credit

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

From mid to late February of this year I made 11 ClubDish referrals. I can tell when they have been redeemed as there is an activation date next to the code on the “My Referrals”. I am aware that I can only receive credit for 10 out of the 11 as well as a waiting period of 31 days after activation. It has far exceeded the 31 days and it is highly unlikely that all 11 people canceled service prior to the 31 days. Now I have been in contact with 3 different people in the Executive Resolution Team over a period of 3+ weeks. During my interactions with them I have found out that 1) they are busy, 2) this request needs to be researched by the promotions department (which I cannot call), 3) They recently updated their system that deals with these credits. Had I not contacted them, this would have conveniently been overlooked and forgotten. Now what would happen if I conveniently overlooked and forgotten to pay my dish bill for over 2 months? Would those records get lost in a system upgrade? As it stands I am being cheated out of $500 with little more than excuses as to why. This is my 3rd year as a dish customer. The past two years I maxed my ClubDish referrals bringing in over 15 people without issues in receiving my compensation. I deserve a prompt and thorough explanation as well as my earned credits. Right now the credits are the only incentive from keeping me from switching to ATT U-vese.

I am currently posting this on the official Dish Support page and updating any progress (or lack there of). Previous experience with situations like this I have found that publicly voiced criticism is much more likely to be addressed quickly favorably then that which occurs between you and the rep on the phone.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

Welcome to ATT, you will find DISH will use any excuse to save money.

#3 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,522 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

From mid to late February of this year I made 11 ClubDish referrals.

The past two years I maxed my ClubDish referrals bringing in over 15 people without issues in receiving my compensation.

Maybe they've excluded you somehow?

I've been with them 12 years and maybe have 1 or 2 referrals, so maybe they think you're doing something outside the rules?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#4 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Maybe they've excluded you somehow?

I've been with them 12 years and maybe have 1 or 2 referrals, so maybe they think you're doing something outside the rules?

It's possible, but if that is the case shouldn't they cancel the service on the 11 people I signed up as well? I have no way of knowing but I'm willing to bet that they didn't.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

It's possible, but if that is the case shouldn't they cancel the service on the 11 people I signed up as well? I have no way of knowing but I'm willing to bet that they didn't.

Why don't you have a way of knowing? Don't you have contact with the people to whom you referred? How did you refer them to Dish if you have no way to contact them?

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,522 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

^^ Just guessing, but maybe they were through boards like this? Or some other web process?

And maybe Dish found out?

I sure don't know 41 people I could have referred in 3 years.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#7 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Why don't you have a way of knowing? Don't you have contact with the people to whom you referred? How did you refer them to Dish if you have no way to contact them?

I generated the codes and handed out the friends at parties and other events. I didn't keep track of who got what code. Dish was asking to place a name with a code.

#8 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

^^ Just guessing, but maybe they were through boards like this? Or some other web process?

And maybe Dish found out?

I sure don't know 41 people I could have referred in 3 years.

I see your point, but even if that was the case there is no clause in their policy stating an exclusion as to who your "friends" are. Basically if it is not a result of "data loss" from the system transition its just them tiring to find an escape from "dish"ing out the credits.

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I generated the codes and handed out the friends at parties and other events. I didn't keep track of who got what code. Dish was asking to place a name with a code.

That makes sense. I don't do parties, so I never thought of that... but that probably would be a way to give out a bunch of codes and get some people to sign up but then you have no way of following up to see who signed up and who kept service.

It could also be (as someone else noted) that Dish flagged your account thinking how could someone keep knowing 10+ new people year-to-year to sign up?

That's a glitch in their system though... I'm sure there are ways to game it, but there's no way for you to make up codes that didn't come from Dish... and assuming they let those customers sign up and they stay... then no logical reason not to give you referral credits.

I expect they didn't conceive of someone doing the 10 max-out on a regular basis... but many people are way more popular and friendly and social than I am, so it has to be possible that you aren't the only one giving out codes to a bunch of people.

You might have to really dig in and get an answer from someone at Dish as to why this is happening, because it seems like you probably are flagged as opposed to them just forgetting to push a button.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#10 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

From mid to late February of this year I made 11 ClubDish referrals. I can tell when they have been redeemed as there is an activation date next to the code on the “My Referrals”. I am aware that I can only receive credit for 10 out of the 11 as well as a waiting period of 31 days after activation. It has far exceeded the 31 days and it is highly unlikely that all 11 people canceled service prior to the 31 days. Now I have been in contact with 3 different people in the Executive Resolution Team over a period of 3+ weeks. During my interactions with them I have found out that 1) they are busy, 2) this request needs to be researched by the promotions department (which I cannot call), 3) They recently updated their system that deals with these credits. Had I not contacted them, this would have conveniently been overlooked and forgotten. Now what would happen if I conveniently overlooked and forgotten to pay my dish bill for over 2 months? Would those records get lost in a system upgrade? As it stands I am being cheated out of $500 with little more than excuses as to why. This is my 3rd year as a dish customer. The past two years I maxed my ClubDish referrals bringing in over 15 people without issues in receiving my compensation. I deserve a prompt and thorough explanation as well as my earned credits. Right now the credits are the only incentive from keeping me from switching to ATT U-vese.

I am currently posting this on the official Dish Support page and updating any progress (or lack there of). Previous experience with situations like this I have found that publicly voiced criticism is much more likely to be addressed quickly favorably then that which occurs between you and the rep on the phone.

The Club Dish Referrals have a number of rules and procedures that have to take place for the credit to be issued. The person you recommended has to give the referral number at the point of sale as it is the only time the referral can be activated on a new account. to research a certificate after the fact, we would need the certificate number and the account it was applied too. We cannot just search by certificate number. If you would like to send your account information, I can take a look and see if there is any information available. Please just let me know. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#11 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

The Club Dish Referrals have a number of rules and procedures that have to take place for the credit to be issued. The person you recommended has to give the referral number at the point of sale as it is the only time the referral can be activated on a new account. to research a certificate after the fact, we would need the certificate number and the account it was applied too. We cannot just search by certificate number. If you would like to send your account information, I can take a look and see if there is any information available. Please just let me know. Thank you!

I'll be happy to send over the information. I am aware of the regulations and guidelines for receiving the credits. In the past two years when I see a date next to one of my generated codes it means it was redeemed and activated by a customer (hence the column labeled "Activated" when I log into my account on dish). You will only see "-" in that column if the code was not used. Now the first year I did this as soon as I saw a friend activated my code (by seeing a date in that field) I called Dish and asked them for more info about it. After giving them the code they said "oh yes I see you refereed <insert name>....". I did not supply the name only the code and they were able to trace it back. Maybe that was with the old system. The "new" system that was recently implemented doesn't appear to have this capability for some reason. In any case no one has given me an answer (yet) as to why two years in a row when I see the column "Activated" populated with a date of activation my code was redeemed, and a few weeks later I got credit for it. How is it 11 codes can have activation dates and no reason as to why I haven't received credit?

#12 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yes I generated a lot of referrals but EVERYONE can clearly see there are 10 shown here with dates in the "Activated" field...what does that mean? Please explain.

[REMOVED CODES PER FORUM RULES]

Edited by James Long, 16 May 2012 - 04:22 PM.
Codes not permitted at DBSTalk

#13 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Where did you get all the codes? I doubt if Dish sent all of them to you. Is that how it works, you can ask a bunch of forum members for their numbers (i.e. look over at the High Def Forum) and use them to generate a stream of income?

#14 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Where did you get all the codes? I doubt if Dish sent all of them to you. Is that how it works, you can ask a bunch of forum members for their numbers (i.e. look over at the High Def Forum) and use them to generate a stream of income?

Not at all. When you log into your account you have the ability to generate codes. They are stored in the system for your convenience. In the past you were only allowed to generated 1 or so a day. I just generated a bunch and gave them out as requested. As a matter of fact some did arrive in the mail but it's easier to generate them and write them down to distribute because the mailed ones can take weeks. The only reason I posted the codes was to eliminate any doubt about the activation dates. I could have blotted out the codes but whats the point.

#15 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

BTW I'm not tiring to drum up any more referrals. I have exceeded the yearly max number (10) I "should" get credit for anyhow.

#16 OFFLINE   jdmart

jdmart

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:01 AM

Now I have been in contact with 3 different people in the Executive Resolution Team over a period of 3+ weeks. During my interactions with them I have found out that 1) they are busy, 2) this request needs to be researched by the promotions department (which I cannot call), 3) They recently updated their system that deals with these credits.

It may be a problem with the new clubdish update Dish mentioned to you or the new update is now programmed to deliver credits later than before. I'm on my elderly parents' accounts to help them with Dish. I can see from our 3 accounts that everyone received credits on their current May bill for January activated codes. All three of us have February activated codes but none of us have credits for these on our three May bills.
JD
Greetings from Albuquerque!
Home of the International Balloon Fiesta!

#17 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

It may be a problem with the new clubdish update Dish mentioned to you or the new update is now programmed to deliver credits later than before. I'm on my elderly parents' accounts to help them with Dish. I can see from our 3 accounts that everyone received credits on their current May bill for January activated codes. All three of us have February activated codes but none of us have credits for these on our three May bills.

Thanks for the info. As I find out what's going on I'll pass the info onto you. If you don't say anything I can assure you the credits will never appear.

#18 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'll be happy to send over the information. I am aware of the regulations and guidelines for receiving the credits. In the past two years when I see a date next to one of my generated codes it means it was redeemed and activated by a customer (hence the column labeled "Activated" when I log into my account on dish). You will only see "-" in that column if the code was not used. Now the first year I did this as soon as I saw a friend activated my code (by seeing a date in that field) I called Dish and asked them for more info about it. After giving them the code they said "oh yes I see you refereed <insert name>....". I did not supply the name only the code and they were able to trace it back. Maybe that was with the old system. The "new" system that was recently implemented doesn't appear to have this capability for some reason. In any case no one has given me an answer (yet) as to why two years in a row when I see the column "Activated" populated with a date of activation my code was redeemed, and a few weeks later I got credit for it. How is it 11 codes can have activation dates and no reason as to why I haven't received credit?

We use to be able to access account as you describe but due to changes in Account Security, we no longer have access to the account numbers from the Club Dish Referral numbers. We are looking into the issue now.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,293 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I could have blotted out the codes but whats the point.

We do not allow the sharing of codes here at DBSTalk ... so yes, you needed to blot at least part of each number out (preferably a vertical column so codes could not be guessed).

And yes ... I understand you have reached your limit even though you're not being credited for the ones that got you to your limit. We still don't allow code sharing here at DBSTalk.

#20 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Where did you get all the codes? I doubt if Dish sent all of them to you.

Wow these are completely unfounded and seriously inaccurate accusations to make. I suggest doing a bit of research before accusing members of things.

Last time I checked (which admittedly was 5 months ago) Dish is able to provide a customer with up to 15-ish club dish codes per year.

Is that how it works, you can ask a bunch of forum members for their numbers (i.e. look over at the High Def Forum) and use them to generate a stream of income?

I have a feeling I misread this but... If you are implying that hes asking other members for there club dish codes so that he can use them... Then thats absolutely ridiculous to assume and accuse. If the OP did that and actually got someone to join Dish with a code from another customer he would never see a dime of that credit. The codes are tied to the account the second they are generated by the Dish CSR.

@Op, Im sure everything will get straightened out, *stuff happens* but the DIRT members here are pretty top notch and know there stuff. Best of luck.

spam firewall