Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

11 ClubDish Referrals 02/12, $0 Credit

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

We do not allow the sharing of codes here at DBSTalk ... so yes, you needed to blot at least part of each number out (preferably a vertical column so codes could not be guessed).

And yes ... I understand you have reached your limit even though you're not being credited for the ones that got you to your limit. We still don't allow code sharing here at DBSTalk.

Sorry, wasn't aware of that.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

Wow these are completely unfounded and seriously inaccurate accusations to make. I suggest doing a bit of research before accusing members of things.

Last time I checked (which admittedly was 5 months ago) Dish is able to provide a customer with up to 15-ish club dish codes per year.

I have a feeling I misread this but... If you are implying that hes asking other members for there club dish codes so that he can use them... Then thats absolutely ridiculous to assume and accuse. If the OP did that and actually got someone to join Dish with a code from another customer he would never see a dime of that credit. The codes are tied to the account the second they are generated by the Dish CSR.

@Op, Im sure everything will get straightened out, *stuff happens* but the DIRT members here are pretty top notch and know there stuff. Best of luck.

Yeah I think he was under the impression I was trying to generate business or something. What is unfortunate about this whole thing is that it takes public postings like this to get the proper attention to resolve these otherwise "privet" issues.

#23 OFFLINE   gezster

gezster

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Sorry to bump up and older post but I finally got a resolution to this same issue today. It took over a month to get it resolved but I got the phone call today that the promotions department found a "glitch" with the change made to the club dish program in Feb and that there were a significant number of accounts that failed to receive the credits properly.

I was told that the "glitch" has been corrected and that anyone missing credits should see them apply to their account backdated properly on their next statement. So a referral made in Feb will result in 4 - $5 credits being applied to the next statement leaving 6 more credits to be applied over the next 6 statements.

Also just for people that were doubting the original poster I had over 30 referrals that actually signed up this year. Yes I know I only get credit for 10 of those. I go to lots of conferences and meet people from all over the US. Watching dish mobile on my tablet or phone tends to make referrals easy. I hand out club dish codes to anyone that is interested most of which I have a business card from but I don't bother trying to associate the name to a specific clubdish#. Some let me know they've signed up and some don't. BTW Executive services was very happy that I refer so many people to dish.

#24 OFFLINE   Alexanderdelarge

Alexanderdelarge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Sorry to bump up and older post but I finally got a resolution to this same issue today. It took over a month to get it resolved but I got the phone call today that the promotions department found a "glitch" with the change made to the club dish program in Feb and that there were a significant number of accounts that failed to receive the credits properly.

I was told that the "glitch" has been corrected and that anyone missing credits should see them apply to their account backdated properly on their next statement. So a referral made in Feb will result in 4 - $5 credits being applied to the next statement leaving 6 more credits to be applied over the next 6 statements.

Also just for people that were doubting the original poster I had over 30 referrals that actually signed up this year. Yes I know I only get credit for 10 of those. I go to lots of conferences and meet people from all over the US. Watching dish mobile on my tablet or phone tends to make referrals easy. I hand out club dish codes to anyone that is interested most of which I have a business card from but I don't bother trying to associate the name to a specific clubdish#. Some let me know they've signed up and some don't. BTW Executive services was very happy that I refer so many people to dish.

I just received a call from Brian on the Executive Resolution Team. He had been working on my issue for over a month. As you pointed out there was a problem with their referral tracking system. They changed the standard system to conceal user information from being tracked based on a referral number. They do have a special utility that allows them to track back a number to a name. This utility has been down for some time as well and was just repaired the other day. Once repaired they pro rated the credits so I wont be paying my bill for a few months. I was also told by the team they could careless how I made the referrals as long as they were getting new customers.

#25 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'm glad to see the issue is resolved for you. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future. Thanks.

I just received a call from Brian on the Executive Resolution Team. He had been working on my issue for over a month. As you pointed out there was a problem with their referral tracking system. They changed the standard system to conceal user information from being tracked based on a referral number. They do have a special utility that allows them to track back a number to a name. This utility has been down for some time as well and was just repaired the other day. Once repaired they pro rated the credits so I wont be paying my bill for a few months. I was also told by the team they could careless how I made the referrals as long as they were getting new customers.

#26 OFFLINE   jdmart

jdmart

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

That's great news! Hopefully they'll fine-tune the system to add more transparency which I believe would help Dish reduce the number of calls it takes on this subject. For example Dish could add a column in "My Referrals" to show when an "activated" referral number becomes "qualified" (customer keeps Dish for over 31 days, etc.) for a credit. Right now you don't know which "activated" referrals are eligible for a credit.
JD
Greetings from Albuquerque!
Home of the International Balloon Fiesta!

#27 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,714 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Great to see there has finally been a resolution to this. I had wondered if it ever got resolved.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#28 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

That's great news! Hopefully they'll fine-tune the system to add more transparency which I believe would help Dish reduce the number of calls it takes on this subject. For example Dish could add a column in "My Referrals" to show when an "activated" referral number becomes "qualified" (customer keeps Dish for over 31 days, etc.) for a credit. Right now you don't know which "activated" referrals are eligible for a credit.

This is a really good as I can completely understand how this would be a benifit to be included on the "My Referrals" page. I will pass you suggestion along. I am also very happy that were able to get the issue with the Club DISH research tool resolved!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#29 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

While we are on the subject, I noticed that all of the expiration dates on the website say 12/31/2025, but when I get the cards in the mail, they expire much sooner. Which is the real expiration date?
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#30 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

I would bet my bottom dollar on the expiration date printed on the card.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...