Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can I ask a favor?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mayguy

mayguy

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

We are looking into switching over to the new TiVo THR22 from DirecTV, and we are holding back since we are unable to find any info on this.

What I'm looking for to see if this box has CC (Closed Caption). I'm hard of hearing and need to use CC.

We are wondering if this has it built in to decode it and able to send it over to the tv over the HDMI cable.

So, can someone here turn on their CC and let me know if it does work. If you don't mind doing a video or photo of this, that would be great!!

We don't want to spend $500 on it and it does not do it, and we are forced to not use the HDMI cable.

Thank you!
Jay

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Sorry I cant answer your question I dont have a THR22.

My HR's seem to do closed captioning fairly well although I dont use it much.

The below link is the only reference I found on this forum to the THR22 and closed captioning. There might be others. Someone might eventually come along that can address your question.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ing#post2935365
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   Heynonny

Heynonny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

What I'm looking for to see if this box has CC (Closed Caption). I'm hard of hearing and need to use CC.

We are wondering if this has it built in to decode it and able to send it over to the tv over the HDMI cable.

So, can someone here turn on their CC and let me know if it does work.

I don't use CC so maybe I'm missing some subtlety in what you're asking, but I hit the Info, scrolled down to CC, Hit Enter and I see the text as expected.

junk.jpg

Edited by Heynonny, 16 May 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   mayguy

mayguy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I don't use CC so maybe I'm missing some subtlety in what you're asking, but I hit the Info, scrolled down to CC, Hit Enter and I see the text as expected.

Thank you very much for doing this. I am taking it you are going though the HDMI cable right?

Am guessing there is something in the "Setting" section of the main menu to allow you set the text size and font?

#5 OFFLINE   midas69

midas69

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

Yes you can set text size, the font and foreground and background color, although the text size options are only normal, small and large.

#6 OFFLINE   Heynonny

Heynonny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

you are going though the HDMI cable right?

Yes.

#7 OFFLINE   mayguy

mayguy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yes you can set text size, the font and foreground and background color, although the text size options are only normal, small and large.

Thanks for getting back to me. Now just need to talk about and order it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...