Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x05CD/0x45CD Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

What's with this guy sending pms asking for receiver ID, model, access card number saying that directv listens and wants to send you a firmware that hopefully will fix the resolution issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   underlord2

underlord2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

What's with this guy sending pms asking for receiver ID, model, access card number saying that directv listens and wants to send you a firmware that hopefully will fix the resolution issue?

I'd send that message to Stuart Sweet and see what he thinks about it. It might be bogus. :eek2:

#203 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'd send that message to Stuart Sweet and see what he thinks about it. It might be bogus. :eek2:

That's who it was from, LOL.

#204 OFFLINE   JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I would be glad to volunteer to test out a firmware fix!

#205 OFFLINE   retired flyer

retired flyer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

I had no handshake issues this morning, then the same issues appeared in the afternoon.
I can't figure this one out.

#206 OFFLINE   underlord2

underlord2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

That's who it was from, LOL.

Now i feel stupid :lol:

#207 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Now i feel stupid :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Naaa, you didn't know, :) lol.

He helped me set up my 2 buggy dvrs for an update tonight that he said hopefully would fix the issue. So we'll see. Well, I'll see, :)

#208 OFFLINE   nevski

nevski

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

I have an HR 23/700 HD/DVR connected to a Vizio model SV320XVT television via HDMI cable and I am having resolution issues ever since the 0x5cd update. My TV will only display 720P. All of the resolutions are checked on the DVR and native is off. I never had this problem until the 0x5cd update on May 31st. I hope DIRECTV will be pushing out another update to correct this problem.

#209 OFFLINE   detroit_fan

detroit_fan

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

ever since i received 0x5cd i have been having all kinds of problems, but the one that is really troubling me is that my recordings are starting 1 minute into the program. some shows even went 2-5 mins in before starting to record.

is this a known issue with this update?

what in the heck was D* doing pushing this update out with all these bugs?

#210 OFFLINE   Plasman

Plasman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have HR21-700's and 0x5cd and Samsung TV's all behaving the same incorrect way. I have Native OFF and only 1080i and 1080p resolutions set on the HR21's. Yet, if I turn on a DVR when it was left on channel 355 CNBC, it reports 1280x720 resolution on the Samsung TV at startup. If I then switch to channel 202 CNNHD, it flashes twice and reports 1920x1080 correctly. The DVR is acting as if Native is ON and my set resolutions be damned.

#211 OFFLINE   HDYankee

HDYankee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

I am having the 720p problem with both 05CD and 45CD. I have 7 HD boxes and Samsung TV's. So far I have only received the update on my HR21-100, HR21-200 and my H23-600. Each have been updated a day apart this week.

When the TV goes on it is in 720p. The fix, if I change the channel there is a delay and a new handshake and the TV's go to 1080p. I have native off and have always had the Samsung TV's do the upconverting not the DirecTV boxes.

One has Pioneer Elite receiver but I have it only on optical connection not using the HDMI connection as the receiver is a few years old and could not handle the 3D sets.

I am still waiting for the update on 4 H24-700's but I am sure the same will happen.

Not the end of the world but is sure is a pain. I also noticed that if I turn on the TV's with the boxes off and then turn on the boxes they will come up in 1080p.

It is definetly the new software causing the problem as the 720p problem only occured as the boxes got the new software.

#212 OFFLINE   billraff

billraff

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Seeing issues with this firmware version when passing through my Yamaha RX-V871. The AVR's on screen overlay becomes distorted and while watching satellite tv there is periodic breaking up of the picture. Turning off the avr and then turning it back on fixes the picture break up issue and the on screen display until I change the channel. A royal pain.

#213 OFFLINE   dbalone

dbalone

Mentor

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Same thing affected me with a 22-100, Samsung TV, Onyko Receiver. Once you switch to anything that is 720p it will not change back. I did a red button reset yesterday evening and so far everything is ok.

Problem with this issue is that the majority of people will have no idea this has happened.

#214 OFFLINE   ProgPic

ProgPic

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Seeing issues with this firmware version when passing through my Yamaha RX-V871. The AVR's on screen overlay becomes distorted and while watching satellite tv there is periodic breaking up of the picture. Turning off the avr and then turning it back on fixes the picture break up issue and the on screen display until I change the channel. A royal pain.

I am having the EXACT same issue with my Yamaha 710. It's a good thing I checked this forum as I was just about to head to the store to try out a new HDMI cable.

Let me know if you come up with any other temporary solution for this issue. I've been switching inputs on my Yamaha remote to overcome it for now but I've read on another forum that hitting the 'active' button on the D* remote will force an HDMI handshake and resolve the problem temporarily as well. I've also read that changing the Directv receiver to output 720p only might work(I'm trying this now).

Good luck!!!

#215 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

I am having the EXACT same issue with my Yamaha 710. It's a good thing I checked this forum as I was just about to head to the store to try out a new HDMI cable.

Let me know if you come up with any other temporary solution for this issue. I've been switching inputs on my Yamaha remote to overcome it for now but I've read on another forum that hitting the 'active' button on the D* remote will force an HDMI handshake and resolve the problem temporarily as well. I've also read that changing the Directv receiver to output 720p only might work(I'm trying this now).

Good luck!!!

720p doesn't work. Mine has always been only 720p yet it seems it's actually sending 1080i according to my ht receivers.

#216 OFFLINE   Eben

Eben

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have native off and have always had the Samsung TV's do the upconverting not the DirecTV boxes.

If you have native off, what resolutions do you have checked on the DirecTV boxes, because whatever resolution the box is on is what it should output, meaning that the DirecTV box is potentially upconverting before the signal gets to your Samsung. Example: With native off, if the sat box is set to output 1080i but the channel you tune to is 720p, the sat box will upconvert the 720p signal to 1080i before sending to the TV. With native on, the sat box would leave the output at 720p and the TV would upconvert (assuming it's not a 720p native display).

#217 OFFLINE   ProgPic

ProgPic

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

720p doesn't work. Mine has always been only 720p yet it seems it's actually sending 1080i according to my ht receivers.

This seems to be working for the handshake issues myself and the other poster were having with our Yamaha receivers. I switched my settings to Native Off and checked only 720p for tv resolutions and I think it resolved the issues. I've switched channels a few dozen times, both HD and non-HD, and had it running for over an hour now with no signs of problems. Fingers crossed...

#218 OFFLINE   Plasman

Plasman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

If you have native off, what resolutions do you have checked on the DirecTV boxes, because whatever resolution the box is on is what it should output, meaning that the DirecTV box is potentially upconverting before the signal gets to your Samsung. Example: With native off, if the sat box is set to output 1080i but the channel you tune to is 720p, the sat box will upconvert the 720p signal to 1080i before sending to the TV. With native on, the sat box would leave the output at 720p and the TV would upconvert (assuming it's not a 720p native display).

And this is exactly what is NOT happening with Native Off (at least not on box startup).

#219 OFFLINE   HDYankee

HDYankee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

I already tried that and changed the resolution on the box to only 1080p and the native off. It made no difference it always goes to 720p even if not checked and as I said changing the channel or starting the TV and then turning on the box are the only way my workaround works.

#220 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I already tried that and changed the resolution on the box to only 1080p and the native off. It made no difference it always goes to 720p even if not checked and as I said changing the channel or starting the TV and then turning on the box are the only way my workaround works.

Here's how it's supposed to work:

Native off: the DVR does all the upconverting/down converting. The TV does not.
Native on: the DVR does not perform any up/down converting. The TV does.

But in the past few software releases, this doesn't work the way it's supposed to for some people.

Your previous post had a contradiction in it. "I have native off and have always had the Samsung TV's do the upconverting not the DirecTV boxes." Unless you meant you were forced to turn native off recently to get it to work at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...