Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x05CD/0x45CD Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   allenn

allenn

Icon

• Registered
  • 702 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

Does anyone know when the South and East will get the firmware update?

PrimeStar/DIRECTV subscriber since 10/30/1994.
Roswell, GA (Atlanta Area)
2 D* HR24-100s and AM21s
MRV - D* SWiM LNB, PI-21 module, and Wireless DECA Cinema Connection Kit (CCK-W)
Linksys WRT310N

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Relativity

Relativity

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I have done a couple, but never got that option. .

I think it has to be a VOD HD show, and I think you probably need a slower (maybe less the 5MB?) speed detected by the receiver for this message to appear.

#43 OFFLINE   BoB3K

BoB3K

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:16 AM

My HR20 got updated to 5cd on the 17th.

Since then, it's Whole-Home has not worked at all. It does not share its list with or see either of my other two receivers--an HR21 and an HR24 that have not had updates since February.

Pretty obnoxious.

#44 OFFLINE   sbelmont

sbelmont

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

I had the same HDMI handshake problem as well. I have a Denon AVR-789 and I had to switch to analog cables because I would lose the picture with the HDMI cable.

Still having the same HDMI issues with my HR20's as well running through a Yamaha AVR.

#45 OFFLINE   BoB3K

BoB3K

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

My HR20 got updated to 5cd on the 17th.

Since then, it's Whole-Home has not worked at all. It does not share its list with or see either of my other two receivers--an HR21 and an HR24 that have not had updates since February.

While I was up writing that post, I rebooted the HR21 (I had rebooted the HR20, first thing of course with no results), and sure enough, it saw the HR20, BUT now it didn't see the HR24! So, I went downstairs and rebooted the HR24 and it came up and could see the other two again. So, they can all see each other now, but I had to reboot ALL of them, starting with the HR20 with the new firmware.

Painful, but better than not working.

#46 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

While I was up writing that post, I rebooted the HR21 (I had rebooted the HR20, first thing of course with no results), and sure enough, it saw the HR20, BUT now it didn't see the HR24! So, I went downstairs and rebooted the HR24 and it came up and could see the other two again. So, they can all see each other now, but I had to reboot ALL of them, starting with the HR20 with the new firmware.

Painful, but better than not working.

Glad you got it working, what you did is the usual procedure when they drop off of the system.

#47 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,954 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

HR24-200
0x5cd
Report ID: 20120520-2455

Channel / Info banner transparency is distorted, especially around the shortcut buttons towards the right. There is also a chunky distortion band by the DirecTV logo date and time.

Posted Image

This had the same appearance on 0x5c8 for awhile. Then when 0x5cd was loaded, the banner returned to normal. Now its back to this distorted view again. I guess it will be like this for a long time. Clearing NVRAM on channel 1 does not fix it. Its not bothersome enough to waste 15 minutes doing a restart either, so I'll leave it like it is to see if it ever reboots itself.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#48 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

There's another software update? I never even got the last one. Nothing since February 9. :mad:

Why does everyone but me have both of them already??? Do I have to join a secret club to get them or something??? :confused:

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 21 May 2012 - 07:14 AM.
Mod Edit.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#49 OFFLINE   Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

There's another software update? I never even got the last one. Nothing since February 9. :mad:

Why does everyone but me have both of them already??? Do I have to join a secret club to get them or something??? :confused:

Lots of people (Eastern time zone ???) are still on 0x59e, but that NR has been declared dead and the discussion thread has been locked. ???

Based on the comments in this thread, not getting 0x5c8, 0x5cb or 0x5cd may be a blessing in disguise.

Suggestion to DirecTV: DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Edited by Barry in Conyers, 21 May 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#50 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,950 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

These updates are usually rolled out in phases.

Apparently they didn't finish the last roll out before the new update.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#51 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

These updates are usually rolled out in phases.

Apparently they didn't finish the last roll out before the new update.

Mike

Indeed. I have two HR21s. The 100 is on 0x59e (2/8) and the 700 is on 0x5cb (5/5).

Hoping the new update will fix some stuttering issues with the 100 that started after the HD GUI. We shall see.

#52 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,605 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well my HR22-100 with 0x59e has been slow as heck for the last month and I'm about to throw it out the window. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 21 May 2012 - 09:08 AM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#53 OFFLINE   skyboysea

skyboysea

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

HR24-200
0x5cd
Report ID: 20120520-2455

Channel / Info banner transparency is distorted, especially around the shortcut buttons towards the right. There is also a chunky distortion band by the DirecTV logo date and time.

Posted Image

This had the same appearance on 0x5c8 for awhile. Then when 0x5cd was loaded, the banner returned to normal. Now its back to this distorted view again. I guess it will be like this for a long time. Clearing NVRAM on channel 1 does not fix it. Its not bothersome enough to waste 15 minutes doing a restart either, so I'll leave it like it is to see if it ever reboots itself.

I see the same problem on my HR20-700. It happened after browsing OnDemand but I don't know if it is just a coincidence.

#54 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Sounds like there's an HDMI/HDCP issue between the new-version HR21 and your JVC projector. The Denon isn't really party to the transaction (except possibly stripping out the audio).

Except that the HDMI from the Directv box goes through the Denon receiver and I can recover the video buy switching inputs on the Denon and switching back.

And also the problem does not exist in any form when the HR 23 is used

#55 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

I see the same problem on my HR20-700. It happened after browsing OnDemand but I don't know if it is just a coincidence.

Wow now it's like that on my H21-100. All I did was watch Game of Thrones via MRV. Now the banner is distorted. Very unprofessional. At least it's still functional and not a showstopper.

0x45cd
Report ID: 20120521-1FA4

Posted Image

Edited by cypherx, 21 May 2012 - 07:18 PM.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#56 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

And now my H24-200 has the banner problem too! It's like a virus infected all my receivers!

H24-200
Report ID: 20120521-14A0
This is a lightly used bedroom box mostly use for sonic tap. It's my only box connected to an SDTV via component and 480i checked.

Posted Image

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#57 OFFLINE   penguin44

penguin44

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Still on 59f from March 7th

#58 OFFLINE   CHDinCT

CHDinCT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Not sure where to post this. Received 5cd last night in Connecticut. Got a banner message when I first hit "List" on my remote that my receiver (HR20-700) was now authorized for Whole-Home DVR service. I'm thinking cool; maybe some concession for a long time customer (9 years). When I go into Whole-Home DVR set up, it says my account is not authorized - WTF?

I know I'd still need to network my receivers but what's up with WHDVR service? Scanning the forums, I don't see anyone else mentioning this. Is this a tease, or did they actually authorize my account? Anyone else get this message?

#59 OFFLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

I had the exact same thing this morning.

#60 OFFLINE   mightymouse

mightymouse

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Mine too. Had my hopes up until I went to Settings>Whole home and it said I was not authorized.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...