Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x05CD/0x45CD Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

I received Ox5cd on two HR20-700s overnight and the program guide on both is empty. I wonder why this update cleared the guide and how long should it take to rebuild? :confused:
When news breaks...we fix it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

I received Ox5cd on two HR20-700s overnight and the program guide on both is empty. I wonder why this update cleared the guide and how long should it take to rebuild? :confused:

Most updates clear the guide data. It takes 24 to 48 hours for the guide data, posters, etc to rebuild back to being 2 weeks worth of data.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#63 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

I really would just like to see this software take a direction like Xfinity X1 and Dayview. Videos here: http://blog.comcast....ct-dayview.html

You really should watch the videos. Look how smooth the interfaces run and yet UI elements have a certain "fluid" motion like a modern day UI should have. Take a look at how you interact with apps on your iphone/ipad/android and watch the video. Then see how the DirecTV software just doesn't feel as polished without the level of 'flow' in the UI.

I really hope DirecTV takes some of this input as constructive criticism. All I hope for is a great software package that enhances the total overall experience. It really is a win-win for everybody to have this level of communication with DirecTV on these ideas.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#64 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

HR24-200
0x5cd
Report ID: 20120520-2455

Channel / Info banner transparency is distorted, especially around the shortcut buttons towards the right. There is also a chunky distortion band by the DirecTV logo date and time.

Posted Image

My HR21 and HR24 both do this and both are still on the previous software (0x59e???) from March. It's not new to 0x5cd.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#65 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I have the same thing in the banner & I'm on 0x59f.

#66 OFFLINE   JTAnderson

JTAnderson

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

05CD arrived on an HR22 overnight and now I'm seeing the same HDMI handshake problem others have reported. This is going through a Yamaha RX-A3000. Switching the AVR to another input and then back usually cures it until the next channel change. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries. I've been unable to reproduce the problem with the HR22 connected directly to the TV.

05CD came to my HR20, that is connected to the same AVR, last week. I've not seen the problem on the HR20.

#67 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

I've seen the distorted banner on version 5c8 on HR24-200. With this new version it's the first time I've seen it on all 3 of my units (H21-100, H24-200, HR24-200).

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#68 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

720p or HDMI Handshake Issue
I have Native set to Off in both situations.

Originally I had 1080i and 1080p only selected but I decided to select 720p as well.
So now I have 3 resolutions selected and the HDMI Handshake issue seems to go away can anyone else verify if this seems to work?

#69 OFFLINE   nsolot

nsolot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

HDMI Handshake - Not sure if what I am seeing is the same as others.

When I switch to SD channel or SD recorded program, the TV switches to 1440x240 for a moment, and then to 720x480. When I switch back, the TV displays 1920x1080I, bit for a moment it displays two compressed video images right & left. Yesterday I swapped in a new HDMI cable, and that made it better. The day before, it would get stuck on these distorted display resolutions, and then the solution was to turn the TV off & on again. It was just last night I realized they had rolled out new software. I have 0x5cd.

Up until a few days ago this setup worked just fine. What's a bit more odd is that I have 2 identical setup, same HR24-100 and same LCD HDTV and the other one does not have the issue.

#70 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'd be delighted to put up with a silly banner distortion if the effing DVR would respond to a remote command before one starts to wonder if it missed the button press altogether. It was comically maddening last night watching my wife spend 3 minutes trying to simply tune a channel. She actually gave up and pressed list instead to watch a recording. Oh boy, the delay there made another "comical" moment.

I'm still at a March release, and I am getting ready to polish my bat so it flies through the air that much faster as I bring it down on these under-powered boxes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#71 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I'm still at a March release, and I am getting ready to polish my bat so it flies through the air that much faster as I bring it down on these under-powered boxes.

March Madness? :lol:
Vin

#72 OFFLINE   srfrdan

srfrdan

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

well i hate to rain on the fact that the majority of these replys are negative and that i have some of those issues too buuutt this update has fixed something for me on my hr-700. the whole room service was not working for me since they ended the testing. now it is working again and well. i did not rip out the old stuff for the single wire stuff. when i got 3 free boxes i figured try it for the 3 bucks a month. i had extra internet connections.:D

#73 OFFLINE   JeffBowser

JeffBowser

blah blah blah

• Registered
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I've had DirecTV for more than a decade, this is the worst I've ever seen it. By far. I'm not one to normally complain a lot, except about their brain-dead front line script readers, but this is ridiculous.

March Madness? :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions.

#74 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

It's made mt HR22s more responsive

#75 OFFLINE   cashion

cashion

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is going on here???

I'll just repost the issue I had with 0x5c9, because it's deja vu all over again with 0x5cd:

"My experience with 0x5c9 (and now 0x5cd):

JVC Projector connected through a Denon 3808CI, fed by a HR21/100. Legacy system (no SWM), BBCs on. As of 05/16/12 no problems changing the channels, however when I went to watch on 05/18/12, I would lose the picture (and sound) when changing channels it and wouldn't come back.

HDMI indicator would go disappear from the Denon display. I could get the picture back by switching inputs away from and back to the HR21.

I just received 0x5cd this morning and am also experiencing this issue going through a Denon 2809ci and HR22-100, everything else being similar.
My Setup

#76 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Indeed. I have two HR21s. The 100 is on 0x59e (2/8) and the 700 is on 0x5cb (5/5).

Hoping the new update will fix some stuttering issues with the 100 that started after the HD GUI. We shall see.

I have received the new update on both machines now.

The stuttering issues on the 100 were not evident last night. Hoping this problem is gone now. It was rather annoying.

Other than that..machines seem responsive with the new update.

#77 OFFLINE   lost4now

lost4now

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Last Thursday I had MRV installed and received a HR22-100, it tried to download data (I assume an update) and "hung up" meaning no picture, and center light rotating all night. I finally reset it and had issues throughout the day. My husband discovered the CCK power plug was loose and we thought maybe power interruption was causing the issue. No problems for the rest of the week, until this morning and it wouldn't come on at all, I tried doing a reset, no luck. Ended up unplugging it and it finally came on and a message come on requesting download data and seemed to 'hang up' again.

So...my HR20-700 updated to 0x5cd 5/21, the HR22-100 is 0x59e from 5/18. Is the update causing these issues or is something wrong with the receiver? Could it be the CCK?

#78 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

Well, the longer the 0x5CD is on my 3 HR24-500s, the less happy I am with it. When I got it, all was good. Plenty fast, no or little remote ignoring and I was happy. Now that I've had it since 5/5/2012, issues are starting to come up.

1. Speed is still very good - happy about that
2. Remote response/ignoring - unfortunately, this is starting again. Not quite as bad as with 0x59E, but bad.
3. Video/Audio glitches - not happy :( Happening all to much from both live and recorded events on nearly any channel. But it isn't consistent which is also an irritant.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#79 OFFLINE   quik

quik

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Why the hell would the push this update out with the HDMI handshake bugs??:mad::confused::mad: You know how annoying that is going to be to non tech folks? Nevermind the number of phone calls to tech support they are going to receive?

Seems pretty dumb.

{MOD EDIT}

I also have a Denon (AVR-1909). Now I can't even revert back to the NR :(

Edited by Scott Kocourek, 25 May 2012 - 12:15 PM.

quick
1 x HR22-100 HD-DVR

1 x HR34-700 Genie

#80 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I've had DirecTV for more than a decade, this is the worst I've ever seen it. By far. I'm not one to normally complain a lot, except about their brain-dead front line script readers, but this is ridiculous.

I feel your pain....in addition to two excellent HR24s I have two HR22-100s and an HR21-100 that are...well, you know the story. I've been a D* customer since 1999 and keep telling myself the next firmware update will be 'the one' (delusional I guess)...currently on 0x59e. :rolleyes:
Vin

spam firewall