Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Sling Adapter

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

I have an Android phone on T-Mobile and I like to listen to TV audio while I am out and about. The problem is I usually go through my data allowance and they start throttling me. Does anybody know if there would be anyway to get just the audio and thus reduce the amount of data used?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Nope. There isn't.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Tune to radio channel, not to regular with video.

#4 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:23 AM

Yeah but that's not going to get him TV audio, that'll get him Sirius. And that'll still contain the video data on those channels.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

Yeah but that's not going to get him TV audio, that'll get him Sirius. And that'll still contain the video data on those channels.

What video ? They send text description with audio PID, and a box running sort of screensaver by itself,

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

What video ? They send text description with audio PID, and a box running sort of screensaver by itself, perhaps still picture once per track; I don't see any video.

#7 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Are you on the move? Don't suppose there is an unprotected wireless network available where you are watching?

#8 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

I have an Android phone on T-Mobile and I like to listen to TV audio while I am out and about. The problem is I usually go through my data allowance and they start throttling me. Does anybody know if there would be anyway to get just the audio and thus reduce the amount of data used?

I have asked dish/sling for this option for over a year...I have a smart phone that loves to eat batterys.....I like to listen to a ball game, and would be great to watch the replay and not be forced to wast battery, on audio and video when all were looking for is sound...

Hava and Volcano, (compediteor) have had this option for years....

#9 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Thank you for the tip! I am familiar with Vulkano, but not so much with the other one. Time to do some more research.

http://www.myvulkano.com/

#10 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

.....Hava and Volcano, (competitor) have had this option for years....

I did post something on their forums and sent an e-mail to the company, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Is this available on all of their units or only certain models?

#11 OFFLINE   riah

riah

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

I did post something on their forums and sent an e-mail to the company, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Is this available on all of their units or only certain models?

I have had a hava box for several years and love it and it still works fine

You should take a look at their forums and see how quickly they drop support for a product however

Not real good on responding to questions or comments either

My box supports iPhone4 on WiFi only and not at All on the iPad

Protected By... spam firewall...And...