Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

newbie questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   11bravo

11bravo

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

My decision to leave comcast behind was because of there lack of support of cable cards for tivo. Numerous times i called and had trucks say they fixed the problem only to have it return. I finally got someone to fix the problem but only lasted for 4 months and the one set went south. So here i am looking into getting dtv i like the whole home box with a hddvr in the bedroom with athe wireless operation. My problem is that i have a lot of trees around the house so does the dish have to be in the line of site to the sat. or can it be up a little for reception. Do you get a 30day trail period to if it doesn't work money back? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think you need line of sight, and I think there is some time to try it out. Maybe a DIRT member can assist with your questions.

#3 ONLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Just wanted to make sure you are asking about Direct since you used dtv in your post. If so, the thread needs to be moved there since this section is for Dish Network. You would, however need a line of sight for either satellite service.

#4 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

There is no trial period, but the technician would be able to determine if you are able to receive enough signal to be installed. Our newest receiver is a whole home DVR called the Hopper. If you send me a PM with some more information about the number of TVs you are connecting as well as what programming package you were considering and I'll be happy to make any recommendations that I can. Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   11bravo

11bravo

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:27 AM

So about that raymond i was looking into direct tv, i see i posted in the wrong forum. But i downloaded the dish pointer app to my cell phone and it looks like i can get a clear line of site just above the trees. thanks for anymore info.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...