Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Why is CW in Baltimore still SD?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

As far as CW B-more goes, just get a lil HD ANT and an OTA module for your receiver, assuming you've got a VIP series receiver. If youve got a 211 than you've already got the OTA tuner built in.

I'm down here in Northern Va and even *I* can pick up CW Baltimore in HD over the air. You could prolly get away w/ a lil table top antennae.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I noticed in the past few days that the CW out of Baltimore is now being broadcasted in HD. Finally!
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I noticed in the past few days that the CW out of Baltimore is now being broadcasted in HD. Finally!

DISH turned it on Wednesday morning at midnight.

#24 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

DISH turned it on Wednesday morning at midnight.

Do my timers need to be recreated?
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#25 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Do my timers need to be recreated?

Assuming you have them set on the sd channel, then yes.

#26 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

I cannot get the CW in HD OTA in my market, yet they offer it in HD to the local cable company. Being carried as a sub-channel they did finally bow to pressure and expand the 480i to a 16 to 9 format. But, as long as Sinclair owns the station I am not hopeful of ever seeing it in HD. I usually wait until the next morning and catch the show I want to see on HULU, and by passing most commercials as well.

#27 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

With limited and precious transponder space, I don't look for Dish to provide HD locals that are not mandated, i.e, if they are on a sub channel or they are on a low power OTA channel, they may not show up in HD for some time.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

With limited and precious transponder space, I don't look for Dish to provide HD locals that are not mandated, i.e, if they are on a sub channel or they are on a low power OTA channel, they may not show up in HD for some time.

There are a few low power OTAs that are carried by DISH in HD ... plus a few second HD signals that are carried (one OTA with two HDs both carried by DISH). If it makes sense for DISH or is negotiated by the channel (including owners with channels in other markets) channels can be carried.

But yes, I agree that non-mandated channels are not guaranteed carriage.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...