Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

mountain network /pac12 network...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1670 replies to this topic

#1661 OFFLINE   samuraiduck

samuraiduck

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

[quote name='sigma1914']That's good - the important games will be on Fox. Here's the Pac12 games on Fox:

Hawaii at USC (Pac 12)
Nebraska at UCLA (Pac 12)
USC at Stanford (Pac 12)
UCLA at Cal (Pac 12)
USC at Washington (Pac 12)
Stanford at Cal (Pac 12)
Oregon at USC (Pac 12)
Oregon at Cal (Pac 12)
Stanford at Oregon (Pac 12)
Washington at Washington State (Pac 12)
Oregon at Oregon State (Pac 12)
Pac 12 Football Championship Game

You're kidding, right? You see that big ol' asterisk on the top line by the word "Fox"? That refers to -subject to change. That's their out. This is just a Fox wish list. I said before who shows what games are decided on a rotational basis that includes ESPN, Fox and Pac-12. These are determined on 12 and 6 day windows.

I don't have enough posts here, so I can't link the url, but if you want an accurate schedule provided by Fox, go here: msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/schedule?weekNum=1&stable=I-A

Fox is not getting all the games you claim. Not even close. Some of those games will go to the ESPN networks, and some will go to the the Pac-12 Network. The Pac-12 wanted its share of top billing games to make their schedule attractive to providers. Your info is as misleading as Directv's.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1662 OFFLINE   samuraiduck

samuraiduck

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

http://www.lsufootba.../tvschedule.htm

Wrong. See the word "tenative" by those games?

#1663 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,845 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Wrong. See the word "tenative" by those games?

So this article is wrong? http://www.pacificta...on-utah-wsu-osu
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1664 OFFLINE   samuraiduck

samuraiduck

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

That's good - the important games will be on Fox. Here's the Pac12 games on Fox:

Hawaii at USC (Pac 12)
Nebraska at UCLA (Pac 12)
USC at Stanford (Pac 12)
UCLA at Cal (Pac 12)
USC at Washington (Pac 12)
Stanford at Cal (Pac 12)
Oregon at USC (Pac 12)
Oregon at Cal (Pac 12)
Stanford at Oregon (Pac 12)
Washington at Washington State (Pac 12)
Oregon at Oregon State (Pac 12)
Pac 12 Football Championship Game

PDF: http://media.cmgdigi...XI_Schedule.pdf

Yay. I can finally link. Like I said, you posted a Fox wish list. Those games after the first three weeks won't be decided until the 12 and 6 day windows occur. Here is the accurate list provided by Fox:

http://msn.foxsports...um=1&stable=I-A

So, no. Fox will not be showing all the important games.

I'm not going to miss the games you listed. I'll be one that walks if it comes to that. The game is more important to me than the provider. But, that's just me. Many or most probably won't feel that way.

#1665 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,845 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yay. I can finally link. Like I said, you posted a Fox wish list. Those games after the first three weeks won't be decided until the 12 and 6 day windows occur. Here is the accurate list provided by Fox:

http://msn.foxsports...um=1&stable=I-A

So, no. Fox will not be showing all the important games.

I'm not going to miss the games you listed. I'll be one that walks if it comes to that. The game is more important to me than the provider. But, that's just me. Many or most probably won't feel that way.

Why would an affiliate have a "wish list?" I guess we'll see what's right in a few weeks.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#1666 OFFLINE   samuraiduck

samuraiduck

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yes, it is wrong. That Reno affiliate is using the same "subject to change" wish list you provided earlier. Wait. Its on the internet, its gotta be true, huh?

#1667 OFFLINE   Fog627

Fog627

Legend

• Registered
  • 148 posts

Quoting a blog that is quoting a "leaked" document may not be the strongest argument...

photo.jpg                NBC-Premier-Feature-300x150.jpg                      mzl.qyoyojll.100x100-75.png

Pac-12 Network...please                        Premier League Extra Time...please                            NBC Sports Live Extra...please

#1668 OFFLINE   reason43

reason43

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

So the number is 3 and counting. The number for games available on the PAC-12 Networks but not shown by Directv will be 5 by the end of the day. And here I sit in the middle of PAC-12 country and I have access to 4 games on the BTN today. There is something wrong with this picture.

#1669 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,845 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I want to reiterate that I'm not anti-Pac12 (I love Arizona - grew up there) or the channel...I want the channel. I also apologize if I come across being rude; I don't mean to be and emotions are hard to read on the net.

#1670 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

I am shocked by the lack of respect I found here.

As you all have been warned, rude posts have been deleted and this thread is closed.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#1671 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Also, please do not strt a new thread on this topic until there is actual news.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall