Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advanced/Boolean Searches FAQ Discussion

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

If you want exact order, you remove AALL

Again, makes zero difference.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

Again, makes zero difference.

Are you saying for this specific search or in general no matter what your searching for?

#103 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Are you saying for this specific search or in general no matter what your searching for?

For this specific search, it's the only one I'm trying.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#104 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Well, I'm getting results when I checked this evening. Maybe a guide data issue of some sort. I hate to suggest it, but have you tried clearing the guide data?

You are saying it doesn't even show you results,not that it hasn't set a recording but shows the shows in the search results I assume.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-3401356693.jpg

#105 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

I wasn't getting results with my initial search, no. I am however getting results with the one Steve suggested.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#106 OFFLINE   rajeshh

rajeshh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

I have mlb either and use aall phillies events to record the games. In many cases it will record on 2 channels at the same time. Couple of things, can I only have it record one channel? Is there a way to have it record the phillies home channel if there is a one available?

#107 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Dunno how your local RSNs are listed,  but mine are in a smallish range, so it's unlikely to get duplicates of, say, Giants-Phils and Phils-Giants. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#108 OFFLINE   rajeshh

rajeshh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Dunno how your local RSNs are listed,  but mine are in a smallish range, so it's unlikely to get duplicates of, say, Giants-Phils and Phils-Giants. 

I am out of market, and rely on MLB EI to get the Phillies games. At times, there will be 2 channels that have the games - the home team channel and the Away team hannel. See http://www.dbstalk.c...eams/?p=2018364

In cases like this, I would need a way to just record the home channel if available.

I have tweaked:

AANY ( PHILLIES @) (@ PHILLIES) &  Show Types,Events

and see if that fixes it

#109 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

A question. I have one of these searches set up to record American pickers, American restoration and counting cars on history channel. It works fine except that it records reruns along with first run. I only want it to record first run. I have it set to record first run. Do you guys know what it is wrong with it? Here is the search that I use. Thanks in advance.

AANY AMERICAN STARS CARS TTITLE CCHANS 269

#110 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I am out of market, and rely on MLB EI to get the Phillies games. At times, there will be 2 channels that have the games - the home team channel and the Away team hannel. See http://www.dbstalk.c...eams/?p=2018364

In cases like this, I would need a way to just record the home channel if available.

I have tweaked:

AANY ( PHILLIES @) (@ PHILLIES) &  Show Types,Events

and see if that fixes it

Did it? 

#111 OFFLINE   GTS

GTS

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

A question. I have one of these searches set up to record American pickers, American restoration and counting cars on history channel. It works fine except that it records reruns along with first run. I only want it to record first run. I have it set to record first run. Do you guys know what it is wrong with it? Here is the search that I use. Thanks in advance.

AANY AMERICAN STARS CARS TTITLE CCHANS 269

The filter for First Runs "or" Repeats does not function for these searches.  These searches always generate a First Run "and" Repeats (Both) result.

#112 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

That is a little disappointing.

#113 OFFLINE   CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationOn a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

can't get this auto record to work on HR44 (does work on my HR24, but I don't want it recorded there).

AALL CARDINALS EVENTS CCHANS 671 & Sports, Baseball

HR44: I can get the "Upcoming Programs" to show the games to be shown, but when I select "Autorecord" the games are not added to my To Do List.

HR24: all upcoming games appear in To Do list.

any ideas how to get this to work on my Genie?

#114 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

can't get this auto record to work on HR44 (does work on my HR24, but I don't want it recorded there).

AALL CARDINALS EVENTS CCHANS 671 & Sports, Baseball

HR44: I can get the "Upcoming Programs" to show the games to be shown, but when I select "Autorecord" the games are not added to my To Do List.

HR24: all upcoming games appear in To Do list.

any ideas how to get this to work on my Genie?

Just because they don't show in the to do list doesn't mean they won't record. Have you left it on there and seen what it says the next day and if it actually records the games?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#115 OFFLINE   CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just because they don't show in the to do list doesn't mean they won't record. Have you left it on there and seen what it says the next day and if it actually records the games?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

Just set up my first Auto Record (yeah, it's taken a few years... LOL). I'll update after tonight's game to see if it actually records.

#116 OFFLINE   CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

ok, game did record successfully, even though it was not in the To Do List a few minutes before the game started.

however, the upcoming games are now all in the To Do List for the Auto Record I set up above. I also set up a 2nd Auto Record yesterday (at least 12 hours ago) that is now showing up in the To Do List this morning. So, it seems there is a delay in the population of the Auto Record items in the To Do List on the HR44 (at least mine).

#117 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Think of the to do list as a living breathing animal....it changes constantly, even if you havent made any changes to your Series manager in days...it will grow and shrink as the guide data updates.  When you add a series link, especially one involving boolean keywords, the matches do not immediately show up in the to do list like when adding a show via the record button when in the guide.  But if it matches your search and recording criteria(First run, etc.), boolean searches do work.

Edited by CCarncross, 01 September 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#118 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I've also noticed recently (though it could have been going on forever) that when I set an SL for, say the America's Cup, and then scroll to the Guide's next showing, it shows nothing- I hit record once, and then the multiple circles show up indicating an SL....

#119 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

It has been going on forever, and is one of my biggest peeves with DirecTV's implementation of ToDo. TiVo always got this right: every show that is scheduled for recording is on their list without fail. D* only sporadically shows episodes that aren't in the first run category. When there's a priority conflict for the first showing, the next available is usually not selected, but the last available one is, and even these don't always appear on the list.

#120 OFFLINE   markman07

markman07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

I didn't see this asked (or didn't find it when I searched) but is there an easy way to setup a search to find Sunday Night, Monday Night, & Thursday night NFL games?  I'm presuming I can't easily catch all three nights into one search.  Can can be done even for one night?     I know I can setup a reoccurring manual recording as I have in years past but just was curious if I could use the advanced search?    I was going to ask about recording all NFL shortcuts but I believe those are now available on demand also.

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...