Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Some Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gpauljr

gpauljr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I first posted on another thread, but probably wasn't the best place. I am a DTV customer (over 10 years) and thinking of switching. Currently am researching cost, capabilities, etc. I have a few questions. I currently have 9 TVs, 6 DVRs(several with external storage) and 3 tuners. How many Hoppers can you have in a system and are they all integrated with each other (talk with each other)? Can you have external storage, and if so how large can the disk drive be? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

it's doable with 3 Hoppers and 6 Joeys. $100 for the second Hopper, may be $arm/leg for the third Hopper; have to go thru Exec Team for that big a setup. 2 TB max External Hard Drive size, multiple EHD allowed, no extra charges for them. Not fully integrated between the Hoppers yet.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

To add to coldsteel's comment about the Hoppers not being fully integrated, because of the way installs are done, the third Hopper may not ever be able to see the other two. I can see way arounds it, but depends how its implemented.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#4 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Contact a DIRT team member for the procedure to get a three Hopper system. For the time being, Dish is only planning to connect 2 Hoppers together, a 3rd would be on a separate network. But, if you are a real TV nut you can use an extra Joey (or more) to look at the other network accessed by a simple HDMI input switch. With up to 3 Hoppers and up to 9 Joeys, there are a lot of options for 9 TVs. I'm sure Dish would like you as a power user customer.

Each Hopper can have up to 2 2TB EHDs connected at a time and no limit to how may you use - all connectible to any receiver in your account.

#5 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

If you want pricing on a 3 Hopper 6 Joey set up, please send me a PM and I will be Happy to provide you with pricing information, and the process to get this set up. Thanks!

#6 OFFLINE   gpauljr

gpauljr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Raymond: Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I contact you.

#7 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

Raymond: Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I contact you.

Click on his screen name and send a private message. AND... let us know how it goes, I'm curious how this would work. Must be DPP44/DPP44/duo node/solo node, if the client ports are connected to each other from both nodes...??? Probably won't see each other but an interesting thought.

spam firewall