Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Activated

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have an HR-20 that's been connected to the internet via my wired home network for years. Haven't bothered to request mrv activation since I only have the one receiver, but I was watching TV this morning and hit the list button. Instead of my recordings, I got a message saying that mrv has been authorized on my receiver. I'm not complaining, but it seemed odd to me that I'd get authorized when I hadn't requested, especially when i'm running a non-dtv network.

Had this happened to anyone else?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

I have an HR-20 that's been connected to the internet via my wired home network for years. Haven't bothered to request mrv activation since I only have the one receiver, but I was watching TV this morning and hit the list button. Instead of my recordings, I got a message saying that mrv has been authorized on my receiver. I'm not complaining, but it seemed odd to me that I'd get authorized when I hadn't requested, especially when i'm running a non-dtv network.

That is a little strange, since MRV shouldn't even be able to be activated on your account unless you have at least 2 HD receivers (one is a DVR). If you really only have the one receiver, I would check your account on-line and make sure that you are not somehow being charged for MRV.

With regard to you being on a non-DirecTV network, you can have MRV activated in an unsupported mode if you have an etherent network and are not set up for DECA.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

I do have an old hr-10 on my account, but he's dead and disconnected. I'll check my account.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Also, double-check on the receiver under Setup/Whole Home and see what it states about the Whole Home service.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I checked my account on-line and it says i'm not eligible for whole home and i'm not being charged for it. Checked my setup and saw that I got a software update early this morning, so I assume the message I saw was due to the update.

#6 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

yeah the update is causing that no worries
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#7 OFFLINE   LCollett

LCollett

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

I noticed the same thing on my HR20-700 after it got the software update. I then checked my HR24, and it was not authorized. I have never signed up for MRV. Both DVR's are etherent connected.

#8 OFFLINE   John4924

John4924

Icon

• Registered
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

I noticed the same thing on my HR20-700 after it got the software update. I then checked my HR24, and it was not authorized. I have never signed up for MRV. Both DVR's are etherent connected.

I received the same notice on my 3 HR20-700s. Am I going to be charged for this? If there is a charge for this, I did not authorize. Does anyone know what is going on?

#9 OFFLINE   Balestrom

Balestrom

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

We also got a notice for both of our DVRs. Asked us to assign a name for our receivers. Out of curiosity, we did. Nothing happened. Went to Whole Home in the menu and it says we are not authorized, which wasn't a surprise since we never ordered.

I assumed it was a function of the software update, but I am wondering if anybody knows why this is occurring?

#10 ONLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

It's just a bug in the new SW. Like wahooq said, you shouldn't be worried about it.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

Protected By... spam firewall...And...