Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

House - Series Finale - *possible spoilers*

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

If you have not yet watched the series finale, case reading now.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Opinions?

The last 15 minutes appear to have been quickly thrown together and added on to what otherwise would have been a season cliffhanger.

Mrs. Fluffybear and I both voiced are displeasure with the ending which felt like it came right out of a campy 1970's TV show.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Sorry to disagree but we loved the ending. It was typical House.
DirecTV customer since 1995

#4 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Sorry to disagree but we loved the ending. It was typical House.

Having watched this series since the very first episode....agree that it was typical House and great ending.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

We too were there from the show's pilot through every episode including last ngiht. We were very happy with everything about the "House" finale last night.

Yes, I'm sure there was a lot of debate about which way the end should go. IMHO they picked the right ending, particularly the motorcycle scene including the music "Enjoy Yourself It's Later Than You Think" by Louis Prima. And the scene where Forman finds House's ID with the background music "Keep Me in Your Heart" by Warren Zevon was wry.

And I thought the first hour letting us know about all the folks behind the scenes was outstanding.

Edited by phrelin, 22 May 2012 - 04:35 PM.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

We too were there from the show's pilot through every episode including last ngiht. We were very happy with everything about the "House" finale last night.

Yes, I'm sure there was a lot of debate about which way the end should go. IMHO they picked the right ending, particularly the motorcycle scene including the music "Enjoy Yourself It's Later Than You Think" by Louis Prima. And the scene where Forman finds House's ID with the background music "Keep Me in Your Heart" by Warren Zevon was wry.

And I thought the first hour letting us know about all the folks behind the scenes was outstanding.

Agree.

Those kinds of brilliant music backgrounds to scenes, as well as plot twists and comedy-laced drama and superb cast made this show the success it was.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,709 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Add me to the group who's been there since the Pilot episode (remember the orange guy?) and thinks the finale was right on par for House. Great ending.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,432 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ditto. Except...

... after seeing a moment of Lisa Edelstein in the retrospective, I was surprised Cuddy didn't have a cameo in the finale at all. I could understand her being completely cut out of both hours last night. But appearing in one and not the other? :scratchin

Edited by Steve, 22 May 2012 - 06:38 PM.

/steve

#9 OFFLINE   Cable Lover

Cable Lover

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Great finale! Am I the only one who thought for a brief moment, that he could be dead?
RIP Insight.

#10 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,432 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Great finale! Am I the only one who thought for a brief moment, that he could be dead?

More than a brief moment for me. Up until his text to Wilson, I was convinced he was dead!
/steve

#11 OFFLINE   njblackberry

njblackberry

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

You are not the only one who thought that he could be dead.
Enjoyed the entire run of the show and the ending.

#12 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ditto. Except...

... after seeing a moment of Lisa Edelstein in the retrospective, I was surprised Cuddy didn't have a cameo in the finale at all. I could understand her being completely cut out of both hours last night. But appearing in one and not the other? :scratchin

Archival footage from previous interviews, I think. The parting was acrimonious to say the least. There was no way she was coming back.

Edit: Although seriously, as House is dying, there's no way he WOULDN'T have been thinking of/talking to Cuddy.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#13 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Archival footage from previous interviews, I think. The parting was acrimonious to say the least. There was no way she was coming back.

Exactly.

#14 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,432 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Edit: Although seriously, as House is dying, there's no way he WOULDN'T have been thinking of/talking to Cuddy.

My thoughts exactly. It was a glaring chink in the armor, IMHO, and showing her at all in the retrospective held out the promise of seeing her in the finale.
/steve

#15 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,709 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ditto. Except...

Keep in mind one was a Hugh Laurie production, the retrospective, and the other was produced by NBC Universal. NBC Universal is who she screwed over, not Hugh. Hugh is probably still good friends with her and asked her to be in his production but she was obviously not asked by NBC Universal to take part in the last episode of House.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,709 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

You were not alone.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

Was a great ending and typical house. Will miss this show also been watching it since the beginning.

#18 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

The ending was OK. No super great but OK.

I remember thinking to myself that sure Sounds like Louis Prima.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#19 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

I don't watch the show... but shameless plug for a friend I went to highschool with. His name is Drew Holcomb (and the Neighbors). His song "Live Forever" was used in the Fox promo for the finale. Pretty cool.

sFG79agEkyw
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#20 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,425 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I've only seen snippets of House over the years. Never felt like watching a full program, let alone the full series. There are many other series that I've passed on, some of which I'm sure I would have enjoyed.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

spam firewall