Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No charge for THR22-100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jbrown01

jbrown01

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hello All-

I just ordered my new HD Tivo from Direct TV. I called and was initially told $199 (which is also what appeared in my cart when I tried online). However, with very little prompting the agent came back and told me I could have it for no charge (locked in for two more years, but I'm OK with that). I didn't need to ask for customer retention or anything. They also waved one of the fees for one year ($10/mo), can't recall which one that was. It all carried through when the agent sent me to the "verification department".

Seemed like a good deal to me and I hadn't seen it waived yet elsewhere, so I hope more of you get in on it. I've been living for year on my HR10 with standard def. New Plasma HD is arriving on Fri and DirecTV installer on Saturday. Looking forward to it!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,015 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good luck with your new TiVo & TV!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   billux

billux

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

We had 4 tech trips and they gave me the same deal to appease me. There have been other deals mentioned but it seems to be inconstant and customer service based rather than an established program. When you lease a new dvr you are in for 2 years no matter what. Congrats on your discount. Enjoy the thr-22 I know the wife and I are so much happier with it than the Directv dvr.

#4 OFFLINE   Gary McCoy

Gary McCoy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

In my case, I wanted two new THR22-100's to replace two Hughes HDVR2's that I have been repairing since 2003. I also got a new Slimline 3 dish on the roof.

They said they were waiving $100 off of each receiver, which comes to the same $200 you guys got for one box. The total with two receivers, the new dish, and installation came to $344. I am also paying $5 extra per month for the TiVo service, which seems strange because the HDVR2's were TiVo's and I was paying a $5/month "DVR fee". My guess is TiVo Corp gets the $5/month as thier cut.

spam firewall