Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

switching to DISH possibly...what do you recommend?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

I find our HD to be sharper. Perhaps it is my high end HD TV.

Perhaps. But I took the same cable out of my DirecTV DVR into my 50" plasma and plugged it into my Hopper, and the HD quality from Dish is just *slightly* less. I view from 7' away, which is on the outside edge of the recommended viewing distance, but most people would not sit so close. It doesn't reach out and grab you, and is by no means unwatchable or confusable with DVD, but the HD on Dish is not quite as sharp as DirecTV.

Much as I love Dish and the Hopper, I can't say that HD picture quality is a win for Dish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,082 posts
  • LocationWanye County PA

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

. I find our HD to be sharper. Perhaps it is my high end HD TV.

Perhaps your paid to say that.:lol:

DIRECTV Since 5/13/2012:

Living room      Master Bedroom        Bedroom 2            Bedroom 3       Office/Bedroom 4      

HR34-700  /  C31-700  /  HR24-500 / HR23-700  /  H25-100 

Slimline 5 / SWiM 16 / Premier / MLB EI  / MRV

Blue Ridge Cable Networked 30-3 Mbps 

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,593 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

With the OP making a decision to stay with DirecTV there is no point in this thread staying open.

spam firewall