Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Worth going back to??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   onebadmofo

onebadmofo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Dropped Sirius a year ago. My deck in my H1 has bluetooth so I stream Pandora, and iTuneRadioPro for the most part. Just felt the 160 that Sirius was taking from me was a bit excessive since half the time I ride my RoadKing to work. Plus, my work is an 7 mile trek.

So, has anything changed for the better? Any discounts for returning customers?

Thanks in advance!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Audio quality stinks. The playlists are shallow as the kiddie pool. And there's way too many talk channels (I'm a music guy).

But it's still WAY better than FM, and that's why I still subscribe.

#3 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Dropped Sirius a year ago. My deck in my H1 has bluetooth so I stream Pandora, and iTuneRadioPro for the most part. Just felt the 160 that Sirius was taking from me was a bit excessive since half the time I ride my RoadKing to work. Plus, my work is an 7 mile trek.

So, has anything changed for the better? Any discounts for returning customers?

Thanks in advance!

Since you phrased the question more as a complaint in terms of pricing as to why you left; I'm wondering why you want someone to talk you back into it to begin with.

Something worth having is justified by your likes/dislikes; not by others sentiments......

#4 OFFLINE   onebadmofo

onebadmofo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Since you phrased the question more as a complaint in terms of pricing as to why you left; I'm wondering why you want someone to talk you back into it to begin with.

Something worth having is justified by your likes/dislikes; not by others sentiments......

Just trying to get some feedback to see if it's worth re-looking into...and I don't want to be talked into it. I want to hear if it's improved. Stuff like sound quality, program quality, and just general feedback is what I'm interested.

Thanks for helping out with that!:rolleyes:
55 inch Samsung 9000 240 Hz 3D LED-HR34 (Klipsch surround sound, 12 inch sub)
55 inch Samsung LCD 1080P 120 Hz-HR24
47 inch Phillips LCD 1080 120 Hz-HR23
42 inch Phillips LCD 1080 120 Hz-HR24(out on patio, outdoor Klipsch surround sound in patio, around pool)
40 inch Sony LCD 1080 120 Hz-HR24

2 PS3's, Xbox360 GoW Limited Edition, Wii, PSP-2000,
PS Vita, DS...yep, we game here!:)

#5 OFFLINE   onebadmofo

onebadmofo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

And yeah, 160 a year is a bit high IMO. Competition is tough out there. Howard Stern was cool for a few years but it's the same old Howard.

Now if I could get it for around 100-120 a month, and things have improved, I'd be interested...
42 inch Phillips LCD 1080 120 Hz-HR24(out on patio, outdoor Klipsch surround sound in patio, around pool)

#6 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 844 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

And yeah, 160 a year is a bit high IMO. Competition is tough out there. Howard Stern was cool for a few years but it's the same old Howard.

Now if I could get it for around 100-120 a month, and things have improved, I'd be interested...

If you are the least bit resourceful, Sirius/XM can be had for about half the "regular" annual rate in perpetuity.

As to things being "improved," there is a Beach Boys marathon going on this weekend on the '60s on 6 channel that, among other things, reinforces my decision to remain a Sirius/XM subscriber.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#7 OFFLINE   onebadmofo

onebadmofo

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

If you are the least bit resourceful, Sirius/XM can be had for about half the "regular" annual rate in perpetuity.

As to things being "improved," there is a Beach Boys marathon going on this weekend on the '60s on 6 channel that, among other things, reinforces my decision to remain a Sirius/XM subscriber.

Cool thanks for the info...I'll look into it...

#8 OFFLINE   gjrhine

gjrhine

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Only you know based on the packages- do the research.
Gary

#9 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

I have it in my car and I liked it better when it was just XM. But I agree it is better than AM/FM radio stations any day at least where I live!

spam firewall