Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does SWM-16 legacy port pass DECA?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djstough

djstough

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

I currently have 6 HR-2x and one HR-34, which is a total of 17 tuners. I have had it set so that one receiver had one one tuner enabled. But in the past few days, we keep getting 771b errors on the HR-34. It appears that somewhere along the line, I have now lost the ability to completely disable that second tuner, perhaps through a recent firmware change?

So, I was considering moving that receiver to the legacy port on my SWM-16. But will that pass DECA?
HR24-100->Sony KDL-46Z4100
HR20-700->Sony 50" DLP (game room)(Slingbox Pro)
HR20-700->Sony KDL-40V2500
HR23-100->Kid's bedroom
HR20-700->Kid's bedroom
HR22-100->Samsung 22xxx in kitchen
All connected to SWM-16 switch

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,101 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

No the legacy port will not pass Deca, you would have to use the Ethernet port to connect it to your network. You would also need to use BBC's.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

I don't think so.

Do you really need that many DVRs?

Couldn't you replace at least one HR with an H to reduce your tuner count?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,114 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

I currently have 6 HR-2x and one HR-34, which is a total of 17 tuners. I have had it set so that one receiver had one one tuner enabled. But in the past few days, we keep getting 771b errors on the HR-34. It appears that somewhere along the line, I have now lost the ability to completely disable that second tuner, perhaps through a recent firmware change?

So, I was considering moving that receiver to the legacy port on my SWM-16. But will that pass DECA?

First, you made one of the hr2xs use only one tuner not the hr34, right?

Second, and this may seem silly, but did you verify that the unit you made to use one tuner was on the same leg as the hr34?

I was able to do just what you are describing a month or two ago.

I'd say if you have to, run one of your hrs via legacy outputs and plug it into your home network on its own, assuming you have a deca bridge in your system, it should work just fine that way.

#5 OFFLINE   djstough

djstough

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the replies. I connected it to a legacy port, along with a BBC and a network connection. It works perfectly.

And yes, I really do need all of those DVRs, thank you!
HR24-100->Sony KDL-46Z4100
HR20-700->Sony 50" DLP (game room)(Slingbox Pro)
HR20-700->Sony KDL-40V2500
HR23-100->Kid's bedroom
HR20-700->Kid's bedroom
HR22-100->Samsung 22xxx in kitchen
All connected to SWM-16 switch

Protected By... spam firewall...And...