Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ready to jump ship in a couple months

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jefte1

jefte1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hello all, Just wanted to say thank everyone for there help over the past couple weeks.After careful consideration We will probably going to direct before the fall.I have no contract anymore.The deciding factor was only 1 hopper in household. I needed 2 for the simple fact that the one would be fine for the wife and I but we have a daughter that lives at home and needs her own dvr as she records alot of her own shows and we would have major conflicts when it would come to what to record with just one hopper since she would have to give up her 722 dvr/ I have enjoyed my time with dish but direct is offering me a deal i may not pass up ...I wish you all the best. again Ty for your help .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Um, I was under the impression you could have two hoppers.

#3 OFFLINE   jefte1

jefte1

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

yes with 2 joyes, i only have 2 hd tvs

#4 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

i have 2 hoppers and 1 joey
2 tv's
1 Home theater

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like how DIrectv is set up better than dish anyway, but I thought you could even get just two hoppers and no Joeys. Seems silly to me to restrict customers that way.

#6 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Don't get me wrong, I like how DIrectv is set up better than dish anyway, but I thought you could even get just two hoppers and no Joeys. Seems silly to me to restrict customers that way.

i agree
if the customer wants and is willing to pay it should be able to get 2 hoppers.stupid restrictions:nono:
period

#7 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Try a PM to a DIRT member. See if they can get it done.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...