Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Which SL5 non-swm lnb?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   iluvtv

iluvtv

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I recently had to replace my SL5 non-swm Eagle Aspen lnb and am now using a Zinwell. Is there a general preference with these things regarding reliability or are they all about the same? The Eagle Aspen lasted about 4 years before failing. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

There was one brand, I forget which one, that would quit when the temperature got down below 0, then would start working again when it warmed up. That was in the original run several years ago. Have heard of no issues since then.

I would not be concerned with the brand name, as long as its current stock.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   iluvtv

iluvtv

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Thanks. :)

I was just reading about some WNC lnb's that seemed to fail in cold weather. Actually i believe it is SWM WNC lnb's that can fail in cold weather.

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,901 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

That problem manifested itself in the first production run. I believe they have corrected it, and all of the faulty ones (at least those that exhibited the problem) have been replaced.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...