Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Men in Black III (Possible Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Did anyone see this? I watched it last night. A fun movie but nothing special. Passed on the 3D as I will get the 3D BD when it comes out.

The time travel thing was neat but a bit confusing at times. Josh Brolin nailed Tommy Lee Jones.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I saw this yesterday in 2D for a matinee.. saw no need for 3D. I thought it was funny at times. Tommy Lee Jones is starting to look a little rough. It was an interesting end to the movie. I didn't want to do give it away.
my setup here

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Saw it yesterday and really liked it. Not the continual hyper movie that MIB 1 was, but more serious with a twist at the end.

#4 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Saw it yesterday and really liked it. Not the continual hyper movie that MIB 1 was, but more serious with a twist at the end.

Yeah, I like the twist. Should have seen that coming. The light in my head finally went on right after Apollo 11 lifted off. My wife said she figured it out earlier on but wasn't sure.

#5 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wasn't expecting to get a lot out of it, but I really enjoyed it, especially since 1969 was my year, for a lot of reasons.

Being a Met fan, I couldn't help but notice some inaccuracies, though! :D
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#6 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hey, they got Cleon Jones' uniform number correct! (Though they showed a #20 at one point wihtout mentioning Tommie Agee).

I knew I was nitpicking too much when I noticed that they had the outfield bleachers at Shea - those weren't built until the 1980s as I recall.

#7 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Actually, there were bleachers behind the left-field fence; they were set up for military, who I believe were admitted free.

Other pluses:
  • Cleon actually looked like Cleon -- could have been an actor who was a dead ringer -- maybe they even cloned his face and added it to the print using CGI.
  • The tiles on the facing of the stadium were a nice accuracy too.
  • Nice touch also to accurately locate the warmup pitching rubbers and fungo circles where they should have been, although designers might have done a better job indicating the dirt cutout paths to the dugouts.
But ...

The field boxes should have been colored yellow; they weren't repainted orange until the Wilpon years. And the seats always had been divided by piping into a square-box grid (hence "box seats,") not the borderless arrangement portrayed. And would it be a spoiler to comment on Griffin's take of their yearly finishes prior to winning it all? :)
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#8 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,402 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Careful with the spoilers! The little bits and pieces can spoil the movie. I saw it in "Real 3D" yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly. The 3D added depth, and a few "jump out at you" effects. Well played, a few inaccuracies here and there, probably because the writers, producers and set designers were either not born yet or very young in 1969. Yes, you could pick nits, but that's not unusual with movies that attempt to show bygone periods.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#9 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Careful with the spoilers!

That's why the thread was renamed. Those who have not seen this movie proceed at your own risk.

spam firewall