Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bye Bye Blackberry... maybe.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

For the first time, I'm going to have to tell people we don't support BB. I'm not putting in a Mobile Fusion server, even on a VM, for a few users.

We just announced our users that we won't support BB by July 2013. Only ActiveSync devices.

BB used to be 80% or our user base. Now, it is less than 10%.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   bobukcat

bobukcat

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

WM I think is the strongest of the OS's out there at the moment. The only thing it lacks really is a high end phone on a CDMA carrier.

Actually none of their phones are particularly 'high-end" compared to the competition with regards to screen resolution because they are restricted to 480x800 by MSFT.

The application market for that platform is still terribly limited compared to iOS and Android as well.

#43 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,668 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

It offers the same upgrade path as Apple: buy a new one.

The difference between iPhone (or Android phones) and WinMo8 is that the new phones and their associated operating systems will almost surely run the old software more or less natively. WinMo8 is based on Windows 8 so it seems likely that you'll have to forsake your WinMo7 based software unless they come out with an emulator.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#44 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,894 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Well, with some different info, things change for me. Since there won't be any cost for software or licenses for me, I started building my BB10 server today, will finish up tomorrow, then get a device when they become available from Verizon. After the things they have shown so far, anyone else going for it?

#45 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

After seeing screen shots and people that have had a hands on with it, I feel BB10 might surprise a lot of people

#46 OFFLINE   njblackberry

njblackberry

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Perhaps. I will be at the launch next week. Surprising people isn't enough. Getting them to give up their SGS III, Nokia Lumia 920 or iPhone 5 will be the issue.

It is a nice device. But what will make it fly off the shelves (and "Peek" and "Flow" may not be enough).

And how many companies (dpeters11's is obviously NOT one) are not going to bother with a brand new BES when they have a nice MDM already installed.

Cautiously optimistic.

#47 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,894 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I actually tried to get Good in here, but one user that tried it didn't like it on iOS, so it was killed.

So far my biggest hurdle, it seems the tradein website doesn't accept 6 digit SRPs...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...