Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What equipment will I need????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Registered
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

I need a little help and don't want to end up doing search after search after search. Here goes.
I plan to do a self install. Call with DirecTV's not working out too well.
I already have Slimline 5 dish on the roof. For some reason, either the LNB is acting up or I have bad cables right where the dish is. Tech came out and never solved the problem.
I am looking on SolidSignal.com for some equipment I want to get. I most definitely want to end up with ONE cable from LNB to a multi switch. I plan to have whole home DVR set up and ALL receivers I have are activated for whole home DVR already. I'm looking to get "DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM)" (copied and paste). Now, what multi-switch will I need? Can someone look on solidsignal and give me a link directly to the correct one? I would only like to hook up at most 4 receivers. I already got a PI-29 but if I have to get a multi-switch with power supply, I'll still go for it. I also already got a DECA. The splitter I'm not too sure if it will be compatible. What I got is SWS-8.
I have HR24, H25 and H24 already on site. I'm leaving the other three receivers here at home. Oops, forgot to begin by saying this will be an install at my seasonal residence only 15 miles away.
Thanks in advance for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I need a little help and don't want to end up doing search after search after search. Here goes.
I plan to do a self install. Call with DirecTV's not working out too well.
I already have Slimline 5 dish on the roof. For some reason, either the LNB is acting up or I have bad cables right where the dish is. Tech came out and never solved the problem.
I am looking on SolidSignal.com for some equipment I want to get. I most definitely want to end up with ONE cable from LNB to a multi switch. I plan to have whole home DVR set up and ALL receivers I have are activated for whole home DVR already. I'm looking to get "DIRECTV SL3-SWM SlimLine Single Wire Ka/Ku Triple LNB With Built-In Multiswitch (SL3-SWM)" (copied and paste). Now, what multi-switch will I need? Can someone look on solidsignal and give me a link directly to the correct one? I would only like to hook up at most 4 receivers. I already got a PI-29 but if I have to get a multi-switch with power supply, I'll still go for it. I also already got a DECA. The splitter I'm not too sure if it will be compatible. What I got is SWS-8.
I have HR24, H25 and H24 already on site. I'm leaving the other three receivers here at home. Oops, forgot to begin by saying this will be an install at my seasonal residence only 15 miles away.
Thanks in advance for your help.

If you only want 1 line down from the dish, go with a SWM LNB. You wont need a multiswitch. If your splitter says "SWS-8" on it, it most likely isn't what should be used with MRV. Look for a green labeled splitter(model starts msplit).
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#3 OFFLINE   HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

If you only want 1 line down from the dish, go with a SWM LNB. You wont need a multiswitch. If your splitter says "SWS-8" on it, it most likely isn't what should be used with MRV. Look for a green labeled splitter(model starts msplit).

Mine's got a green label but it is not right here in front of me to verify "msplit". I only see one on solid signal so it should work. All I needed was a SL3-SWM. So glad there's a live chat service with SolidSignal. All set!

#4 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Mine's got a green label but it is not right here in front of me to verify "msplit". I only see one on solid signal so it should work. All I needed was a SL3-SWM. So glad there's a live chat service with SolidSignal. All set!

If you're getting it from SolidSignal it will be correct. SWS is used generically as that's what the first models were.
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

spam firewall