Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anime Network DOD program delays

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

If you are a DirecTV and an Anime Network On Demand subscriber but you are not on the Anime Network forums, you may be wondering where the updated for last Thursday and this Thursday have gone. There has been a delay in the distribution of new episodes due to the Anime Network switching to In Demand for content distribution. The following was posted on the Anime Network forums:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to technical difficulties, some cable and satellite subscribers will notice a significant loss of anime titles available this and next week. A number of series will be delayed in delivering the episodes originally slated to go live May 24 and May 31.The good news is fans will have a triple shot of new episodes to look forward to on June 7. Thank you everyone for your patience!

This affects all programs presently being carried on the Anime Network On Demand.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

If you are a DirecTV and an Anime Network On Demand subscriber but you are not on the Anime Network forums, you may be wondering where the updated for last Thursday and this Thursday have gone. There has been a delay in the distribution of new episodes due to the Anime Network switching to In Demand for content distribution. The following was posted on the Anime Network forums:

This affects all programs presently being carried on the Anime Network On Demand.

An update-the new episodes have been delayed yet again! They are listed in the DirecTV App in the scheduling section but are not to be found on channel 1889 yet. Hopefully they will be there in a day or two.

The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#3 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thank you very much Newshawk, I was wondering what was going on.

#4 OFFLINE   Alan Mintaka

Alan Mintaka

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

DirecTV Merrimack NH 03054 (Boston Area)

Anime Network VOD ch 1889

06/15/2012 08:15 PM EDT

Per what the folks on the Anime Network Forum have been reporting, DirecTV still hasn't updated the programming with new episodes.

However, DirecTV has pulled all program episodes from ch 1889 except for

A-Channel ep.9
Coicent ep.1
Xam`d ep.24
Yozakura Quartet ep.6
Alan Mintaka

"I believe a leaf of grass
is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
-- Walt Whitman

#5 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

As of Saturday, weeks 5/24, 5/31 and 6/14 are up.

Week 5/24 expires in 4 days, so watch them now.

jdg

#6 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

The Anime Network staff is working on getting the expiration dates adjusted on the 5/24, 5/31 and 6/7 episodes. As for the 6/7 update, that is being looked into also.

#7 OFFLINE   Alan Mintaka

Alan Mintaka

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

The Anime Network staff is working on getting the expiration dates adjusted on the 5/24, 5/31 and 6/7 episodes. As for the 6/7 update, that is being looked into also.

Thanks Newshawk, nice to see you here too. Believe it or not, I've already completed a marathon viewing of all episodes expiring on 06/21 and 06/20 (the bogus Taisho Baseball Girls ep 7 date). I'm caught up on the expirations now until 06/28.
Alan Mintaka

"I believe a leaf of grass
is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
-- Walt Whitman

#8 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Thanks Newshawk, nice to see you here too. Believe it or not, I've already completed a marathon viewing of all episodes expiring on 06/21 and 06/20 (the bogus Taisho Baseball Girls ep 7 date). I'm caught up on the expirations now until 06/28.

I did a marathom myself and I'm also caught up to 6/28. :D

#9 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

I've been here longer than I have been on TAN, so it's nice to see you here, too!
I've watched all the 5/24 and 5/31 shows I follow, so I'm good until the 6/7 shows come in... which I hope is soon!

I did a marathom myself and I'm also caught up to 6/28. :D

Draconis, you should come over to the Anime Network forums! We're a wild and crazy bunch!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...