Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DISH VIP922 is Back!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

The 922 is back with the same unreliable sling connection. Frustrating.
"Revenge is the weak pleasure of a narrow mind"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Are you getting an error message? Would you describe what happens when you attempt to sling? Would you provide your login information so I can test your account with my equipment here? Please let me know. Thanks.

The 922 is back with the same unreliable sling connection. Frustrating.

#23 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• 48 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ray - I have had this unit for quite a while - very much appreciate you being so kind to assist. I get various error messages and can email you with the info if that is ok. The strange part of it seems to be that it will show a connection both on my laptop and the 922 simultaneously. Whether my preference is to try to watch live tv or something recorded on the dvr, it still times out with no success more so than not. Many times if I hit refresh on the browser 4-6 times I may have luck. Please let me know what you would like as far as info is concerned and if it is ok to email you. Thanks a million.

#24 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Please send me a PM so I can further assist you. I tried sending you a PM but you don't accept PMs at this time. Thanks.

Ray - I have had this unit for quite a while - very much appreciate you being so kind to assist. I get various error messages and can email you with the info if that is ok. The strange part of it seems to be that it will show a connection both on my laptop and the 922 simultaneously. Whether my preference is to try to watch live tv or something recorded on the dvr, it still times out with no success more so than not. Many times if I hit refresh on the browser 4-6 times I may have luck. Please let me know what you would like as far as info is concerned and if it is ok to email you. Thanks a million.

#25 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• 48 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Please send me a PM so I can further assist you. I tried sending you a PM but you don't accept PMs at this time. Thanks.

Ray,

Sorry for the inconvience. I sent you a PM and hopefully the right info. Thank you so much.

#26 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Joe,

I tested your account. I will send you a PM with the information I obtained. Thanks.

Ray,

Sorry for the inconvience. I sent you a PM and hopefully the right info. Thank you so much.

#27 OFFLINE   fpembleton

fpembleton

Mentor

• 48 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for your dedication and expertise in trying to help me with this. I will review your PM. You deserve an award for all that you do for me and everyone else on Dish - we are so lucky to have you!

#28 OFFLINE   kyleki

kyleki

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Does this mean that Dish is actually going to support this receiver finally?! I can't believe it still doesn't support Dish Pass or Manual Timers. I've also been having trouble with some of my shows not being recorded and I can't for the life of me figure out why they're being skipped. It appears to be extremely random.

I sure hope this receiver starts getting the love it deserves. I'm tired of my upgrade feeling like a downgrade.

#29 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

On the 922, just like the 722k, the OTA is an extra cost option. But it is an internal one. You just take a small plate off the back of the unit and slide the tuner module into place.

On the others, OTA is built-in already.

With the Hopper, when OTA becomes available it will be a USB device.

Correct but the Tuner Module is a "Tuners Module" because the MT2 is a Dual Over The Air Tuners Module.;):D

spam firewall