Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sick Of DirecTv Mail

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

Getting the mail itself does not really bother me , but sometimes the content does. I have always had the premier service with al the movie channels and have all the hd lineups. What gets me is how come I do not see a credit for all the free previews that I am currently paying for? A free preview week of Showtime or HBO , should be credited to our bill if they are going to give it out free.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Bill Van

Bill Van

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Va.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Getting the mail itself does not really bother me , but sometimes the content does. I have always had the premier service with al the movie channels and have all the hd lineups. What gets me is how come I do not see a credit for all the free previews that I am currently paying for? A free preview week of Showtime or HBO , should be credited to our bill if they are going to give it out free.

Your idea sounds really good in a perfect consumer world. Unfortunately, it would be costly to implement and very costly to a companies bottom line.

Obviously, the free previews are wonderful for the average consumer that can't afford the channels. DirecTV not only gets higher customer satisfaction ratings but more customers moving to a higher programming tier. Everyone wins.

When the mail notifications were first adopted I was extremely pleased that I didn't have to let all my DirecTV friends know when the free channels were available.

#23 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

No, you should not be seeing any sort of credit for that.
DTV = Digital Television

spam firewall