Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channel Not Subscribed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Any one else lose Cnn,Hln,Spike,Bravo,Fx,Comedy central,and a bunch more. I have the Choice Extra Classic and had them at 2am this morning.Did someone at Directv hit the wrong button.Signal strengths are 90+ but i am showing Channel Not Subscribed (721).

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Reauthorized my receiver still no go.Now trying a menu reset. Still no go,well looks like a call to Directv.

Edited by onan38, 05 June 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,546 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

I am not seeing that issue, with the same package.

#4 OFFLINE   asjdws

asjdws

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:08 AM

I'm having the same problem. These channels worked last night but now I get Channel not subscribed(721).

#5 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

I'm having the same problem. These channels worked last night but now I get Channel not subscribed(721).

Directv Reauthorized my receiver then had me wait 10 mins,Then had me do a reboot.I'm back up and running with all my channels back. The CSR said they had a glitch in the system and would notify the engineering dept as i was her 3rd call with the same problem. Hope this helps someone else!

#6 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

I think everyone (or nearly everyone) experienced a similar problem. I noticed that I did not have HGTV, Food Network, History, TLC, Discovery, and a few others, but I did have my locals, ESPN, TNT, and USA. I reset one reciever and checked another. The other receiver had the same problem, and resetting the reciever had no effect. I called DirecTV, but while I was on hold, the channels began to reappear one-by-one. About 20 minutes after HGTV reappeared, all of the missing channels had reappeared.

I hung up before I ever had a live person respond at DirecTV. That was the longest I had ever been on hold without getting a CSR, so I expect there was a problem with the entire system. It appears to be resolved now.

#7 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

was this some kind of way to cut off people with hacked cards
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#8 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

was this some kind of way to cut off people with hacked cards

I doubt it. As far as I know, no one is successfully hacking DirecTV anymore. I know some people in the smart card programming industry (legitimate access control type apps) and no one has heard of anyone doing it anymore. Not saying no one is doing it, but if they are successfully hacking DirecTV, they aren't telling anyone.

#9 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

I doubt it. As far as I know, no one is successfully hacking DirecTV anymore. I know some people in the smart card programming industry (legitimate access control type apps) and no one has heard of anyone doing it anymore. Not saying no one is doing it, but if they are successfully hacking DirecTV, they aren't telling anyone.

I'm some one has done it just to do it but the hack isn't being shared. Any one who has the brains and the type equipment to figure out the algorithm(s) isn't interested in manufacturing and selling hacked smart cards. Although I'm sure it's possible and probably easier to figure out a way to bypass the need for a hacked smart card entirely by changing the FW.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...