Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Owned receiver replacement

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,412 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

They came yesterday and fixed my setup. The technician, naturally did not have any more HR21-PRO receivers to replace mine with, but he did have a brand new HR24 to replace it with, so I decided to go with that. The main reason I had the HR21-PRO anyway, was to be able to install a 2TB drive inside rather than using a external HDD. I liked that aspect of the HR21, but it was much slower than the HR24's and HR34 that I have, so for the speed issues I decided to just go with the HR24. I got my 2TB Seagate drive out of the HR21 before the guy came and reinstalled the 500GB drive that came with it. Now all I have to do is find a good enclosure for that drive. I just got off the phone with the access card department. The guy there said that the replacement was listed as leased, when it should have showed up as owned, and he said that he fixed it for me, so that seemed to have went quite smoothly. Thanks for everybody's help here, I appreciate it.

Be sure to call back in a few days and check on the status of that owned 24. I've had few problems with the Access Card folks, but they make mistakes too.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

I went through this recently, I had a Case management involved and the guy came out, knew I had owned equipment and still just activated the receiver from his hand held device. He knew I was going to have an issue with it but could not be bothered to call and have it activated the right way. I hope the guy is willing to do it right the first time.

The tech activated the receiver the correct way. It's unfortunate it wasn't the way you wanted, be he did what he HAD to do. I'm just happy you were able to get it straightened out. Hopefully without too much of a headache.

#23 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

The tech activated the receiver the correct way. It's unfortunate it wasn't the way you wanted, be he did what he HAD to do. I'm just happy you were able to get it straightened out. Hopefully without too much of a headache.

According to Case Management, the techs in the field have the ability to call them in to activate them as owned but its more time consuming for them to do it that way. I would think with the lack of owned receivers they can go the extra mile for us with owned receivers.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#24 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

According to Case Management, the techs in the field have the ability to call them in to activate them as owned but its more time consuming for them to do it that way. I would think with the lack of owned receivers they can go the extra mile for us with owned receivers.

Truthfully, I'd much rather they go the extra mile on the physical installation...the other stuff is easily corrected, these guys get paid squat, be considerate.

#25 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

these guys get paid squat, be considerate.

Agreed
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#26 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Truthfully, I'd much rather they go the extra mile on the physical installation...the other stuff is easily corrected, these guys get paid squat, be considerate.

I've always just dealt with it on my own. I know its gonna happen. I usually ask about it and they just say the only way they can activate it is the way they do it. I call and have it corrected but it is a pain. I always call back about a week later to see if I am in a new commitment or not.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#27 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

It also goes against their stats to call in and activate a receiver rather than using the hand held. So they're not going to do it because it impacts them in the long run.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#28 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

It also goes against their stats to call in and activate a receiver rather than using the hand held. So they're not going to do it because it impacts them in the long run.

Correct. Anything less than 100% handheld activations and the tech will likely get griped at from his supervisor. If he drops below the threshhold, it can possibly affect other things.

It's unfortunate that it will affect some customers, like joshjr, but it is what it is.

Edited by TigersFanJJ, 11 June 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,151 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

while techs might have the ability to call and activate these receivers as owned, they get penalized by not using their brick (handhelds) to activate receivers.

#30 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,412 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

One thing you can say about Cablevision, they pay a decent wage and the folks that work for them like working for them. Kinda hard to compare the two services in that manner tho, nothing else seems to be very good about CV.

Rich

spam firewall