Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"We are experiencing temporary technical difficulties"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

This seems to be a recurring problem for the last few days. First it was the ABC local and this morning it's CNBC! Any ideas what's going on at D* to be causing this? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   highheater

highheater

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Same problem here. Don't mess with my CNBC.

#3 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

From Sixto's Report it looks like they moved a bunch of channels around on the transponders this morning and there may have been some disruption in service as everything synced back up.

I was watching CNBC this morning getting ready for work at right at 6am it dropped. That must have been when they made the switch.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,306 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Funny, I'd just inquired about how things looked during a switch, just hadn't seen this thread.

6am is the normal time for any changes. In this case, CNBC moved from DirecTV10 to DirecTV12.

#5 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

From Sixto's Report it looks like they moved a bunch of channels around on the transponders this morning and there may have been some disruption in service as everything synced back up.

I was watching CNBC this morning getting ready for work at right at 6am it dropped. That must have been when they made the switch.

When it dropped what did you see? A 771 error?

Did changing the channel and changing it back return CNBC?

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#6 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I turned on CNBC about 5:45am and right as the 6:00am show began the channel went black. No error, just zap to black. I changed to several other channels and one of my locals and everything seemed fine, but CNBC was still just black, so I stayed on my local station for the news. When I flipped back about 5 minutes later there was the "we are experiencing technical difficulties" screen. When I went to take a shower around 6:20 it was still on the "technical difficulties" screen.

I didn't try rebooting the receiver, nor did I try the box in the other room. I assumed the problem would be fixed by the time I stopped by the house at lunch and it was.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,306 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Guess they don't have a screen for "excuse the interruption, we're moving", or it was taking longer than expected.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...