Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

All light off on DECA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rbastid

Rbastid

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Well since the imediate help from this forum got my 2 main boxes going (24-500 and Slim HD box with SWM attatched), one of my HD Boxes and one of my SD boxes I hope you can get my last, and new, problem too.

Now that those are running I can't get my other DVR and HD box to setup, the main problem seems to be the DECA. It is completely off, none of the lights on. I noticed when I was moving around things on my fixed HD DVR the Deca lights were on ( one green one orange and one off) even when it was unplugged)

I restart the box and it stops at 0% and then gives me a 771 Error.

For backstory you can check the thread right below this :nono2:

Thanks again

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

You need to recheck these coax also, as they don't seem to be connected to the dish/SWiM.
The DECA gets powered from the receiver, so check that connection too.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Rbastid

Rbastid

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Thanks again for the help.

I switched the lines, I have two going into my box, one a DECA and one a band stop filter.(which was the original problem I had years ago that you guys thankfully saved me from, the installer, who took 7 hours to install Whole-Home and one box to an existing system, put everything on one line so I would lose signal every hour and only could record one thing. )

I assumed, being that which I am, that the DECA would go into input 1, but apparently only input 2 provides power, because it lit up once I switched them. Now its working fine and I can get back to watching the Cup.

Thanks for the help. I hope my rambling in the thread, and your awesome help, can one day help someone searching for the same problem.

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

This missing info here was that this [these] are the HR20-100, which need the DECA to connect to the SAT #2 for power. ALL OTHER receivers use SAT #1.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall