Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDNet changes coming

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   penguin44

penguin44

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

I stopped watching hdnet after the cancelled The Ultimate Tailer Show with Robert wolanski. Nothing but trailers is ok. Now I haven't been on it in almost a year.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well, it's his fault we have the Kardashians on our tvs. Who knows what hell he'll unleash on AXS.

I like Art Mann.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#43 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well, it's his fault we have the Kardashians on our tvs. Who knows what hell he'll unleash on AXS.

Really?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#44 OFFLINE   paule123

paule123

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Drinking Made Easy is a great show. It's my kind of "travel channel" :D

Thanks to Art Mann's show I discovered the Great American Beer Festival and had a great time in Denver.

Get Out and Deadline are fun shows too.

#45 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

Drinking Made Easy is a great show. It's my kind of "travel channel" :D

Thanks to Art Mann's show I discovered the Great American Beer Festival and had a great time in Denver.

Get Out and Deadline are fun shows too.

Based on tonights schedule, boys night out is now teenagers night out. All the MA unrated shows, according to the schedule, will be shown at TV14. Not that I watched it much, but if anything is going to be blurred out, why bother showing it?

#46 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Nothing but Trailers is all I watch as well. Talk about a cheap, easy to produce show!
Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#47 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

July 2 is the new channel start.

Looking at the program guide for 7/2 thru 7/7 i still see:
bikini barbershop nj
art mann
drinking made easy
nothing but trailers

but i dont see:
get out
deadline w/katie daryl

#48 OFFLINE   moob

moob

Legend

• Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Smallville seems to be gone as well.

#49 OFFLINE   Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye

AllStar

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Up until recently, I've been an HDNet fan from the start (of my HD reception back in '02), but the steadily-deteriorating HD picture quality, and now the programming changes are gonna finally drive me away.

Used to love the trailer shows, too, but it looks like the studios have only been providing dropped-framed, "color and contrast - modified" crappy internet-looking versions for the last couple years. The earlier versions of these shows used to make you almost feel like you were in a theater. They are no longer "Filmic."

If any of you out there still have older versions of Get Out (Clubine & Rice-vintage) in your DVRs, check 'em out. The difference in PQ is stunning! Although beware PQ started deteriorating while Clubine was still there. Seems to have stabilized (not gotten any worse) for the last year or two. Content-wise, show is still OK, and I'll admit to being a fan of Lana Tailor since her Cinemax days. She makes a good host. Thought Cara Z was alright, too.

Now, on to AMP and the rest of GNI lineup. Used to be awesome. But what the effing H happened to the picture quality on Art's show?? It's certainly no longer 1080i, but some herky-jerky 25p fuzzy and blurry-looking crap. (Possibly anticipating move to the internet?) Deadline was holding up pretty well for me, especially when it went "unrated." GGW and Mustang were alright, (I found Mustang more interesting and informative than HBO's Cathouse, but obviously a little "scripted reality," like Barbershop.

Also was a Hogan fan back when. Not only complete (25-7mins) episodes, but no interruptions and the entire series in order! Then the HD Universal channel picked up the series, cropped the picture and cut several mins from each episode (to get those 5 minute infomercial ad breaks in). Main reason I don't do the HD exra pack. Too many ads.

Well, I guess money has to be made... Was nice while it lasted, though.

#50 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Website is up

http://www.axs.tv/

#51 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Website is up

That website is as sloppy looking as mark cuban. :lol:

Its still says hdnet all over the place.

Thu, Jul 5th 4:30 PM -- Nothing But Trailers
Sometimes the best part of the movie is the preview! So HDNet presents a half hour of Nothing But Trailers. See the best trailers, old and new in HDNet's collection.

#52 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Smallville seems to be gone as well.

smallville was the only thing i watched on hdnet... did search and its not in the guide anywhere except for TNT. but i figured they would do away with it when all the changes took place. oh well, another channel out of my fav list. :(

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#53 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Wonder if going forward, this has any impact on how these channels fall into "packages".

Done deal now.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#54 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Website is up

Glad to see they still have Art Mann Presents and Drinking Made Easy.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#55 OFFLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

I don't watch HDNet much, but it looks like I won't watch it at all now. I have no interest in concerts of music I'm not interested in. I agree. Another one bites the dust.

It just makes it easier for me to stay w/ TWC.

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

spam firewall