Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Apartment install questions with MHZ Worldview

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   radioguy

radioguy

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hiya Folks,

First post for me here, so play nice ;) If you don't want to read the whole back-story, the main questions are bolded below.

I'm moving into a new Apartment on the 15th, and up until now, I've been a proud U-Verse customer... unfortunately, U-verse isn't available where I'm moving. That's OK though. My buddy recently got DirecTV and I've fallen in love with MHZ Worldview and the Audience Network (Dan Patrick is awesome... Can't wait for The Nick and Artie Show to debut on July 16th) and so when I called AT&T and requested to move internet to the apartment, I opted for DirecTV.

Big Mistake. I was on the phone with some lady who was obviously on another continent. She transferred my service to an unknown address about 300 miles from where I'm moving, didn't order DirecTV and just made a huge mess of it.

I got back on the phone and finally got on with someone in a call center about an hour's drive from here. We ordered directv, and transferred my internet, and got everything squared away but it was a HUGE headache.

My first question is: who should i call/ask for the "Extra equipment" to receive MHZ Worldview. Can I wait until the installer gets there or should i call DTV now? or *shudders* should i call AT&T?

How much will this "Extra Equipment" cost?

Also, I will not have internet or telephone installed by the time that DirecTV is installed. will this be problematic?

Lastly, I requested 2 HD DVRs. Which model do you think they'll send me?

Apologies if these are redundant questions but I couldn't find an answer to the MHZ Worldview question that was completely clear.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,330 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

I would call DirecTV before the installer gets to your home to add the international package so that the work order includes the additional international dish or chances are the installer would not have this dish in the truck when he arrives at for house to do your install. there is no cost to install the second dish, but you will have to pay for the international programming that you order. since you won't have internet at the time the installer gets there, you will have to order the wireless connection kit assuming that your internet gets install within 30 days of installation. DirecTV will provide any HDDVR that is on the installers truck, they cannot guarantee any specific models

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,857 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

If you ordered MHZ Worldview at the time you ordered service, the installer should have everything needed. You will need the World Direct dish for the satellite at 95 west, which is not part of a normal install.

As to the DVRs, you could potentially get any of the HR2x series (HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24).

If you ordered through AT&T, you will probably have to deal with them.

spam firewall