Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x054C Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
272 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   HuskerHarley

HuskerHarley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

ABC General Hospital
CBS Young and Restless, Bold and Beautiful

That's :thats: your problem-->JK!

HH

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

Sounds to me like there are some guide data issues. You might want to try fluching your guide data by resetting the DVR twice in 30 minutes.

The guide data on Zap 2 It is listing the episodes on Mondays as being new episodes as far as I can see, so I dont' think it is an issue with the guide data in the stream being wrong unless your local affilliate might be doing something strange to it. I recommend you check Zap 2 It yourself for your zip code and see if it tags the monday episodes as new episodes.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#263 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

ABC General Hospital
CBS Young and Restless, Bold and Beautiful

And only the Monday episodes don't record? No problems with Tues thru Fri?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#264 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

And only the Monday episodes don't record? No problems with Tues thru Fri?

Nope, it is always Monday... It has happened 4 out of the past 5 weeks. It did not happen last Monday so I thought it was fixed.

#265 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Sounds to me like there are some guide data issues. You might want to try fluching your guide data by resetting the DVR twice in 30 minutes.

The guide data on Zap 2 It is listing the episodes on Mondays as being new episodes as far as I can see, so I dont' think it is an issue with the guide data in the stream being wrong unless your local affilliate might be doing something strange to it. I recommend you check Zap 2 It yourself for your zip code and see if it tags the monday episodes as new episodes.

Zap 2 it lists it as new...

#266 OFFLINE   wmschultz

wmschultz

DBSTalk Club Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Mondays used to show "highlights" of the week before. Basically if you missed a whole week, Monday seemed to be a recap of everything. Not advertised this way, but sure seemed to be. Not that I watch soaps... ;-) .... well, not anymore. YEARS I say, YEARS.

Anyway, perhaps that is why they aren't always listed as new.

#267 OFFLINE   thomamon

thomamon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Mondays used to show "highlights" of the week before. Basically if you missed a whole week, Monday seemed to be a recap of everything. Not advertised this way, but sure seemed to be. Not that I watch soaps... ;-) .... well, not anymore. YEARS I say, YEARS.

Anyway, perhaps that is why they aren't always listed as new.

But they are listed as new and its not really like that. The first scene is usually the same ending scene as Friday.

#268 OFFLINE   dhaze

dhaze

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Is there any info on when we might get a software update?

I like my HR34 but it has some glitches, holding out hope that one day its as good as my HR24.
HR34-700, HR24-200, H24-100, H23-600; 50" Vizio Plasma 720p, 40" Samsung LCD 1080p, 37" LG LCD 1080p, 32" Vizio LCD 1080p; Choice Ultimate + HD Extra Pack & WHDVR, Slimline-3, DECA, CCK

#269 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Is there any info on when we might get a software update?

No news... They normally don't announce updates, they just send them out. You may want to look into the CE program on here.

I like my HR34 but it has some glitches, holding out hope that one day its as good as my HR24.

There will be a point where they catch up to, and maybe pass, the HR24's.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#270 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I believe it was said there is and update coming at the beginning of this month for the hbo on demand glitch

#271 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

After using my new HR34 for a month, I see one large glaring issue: program sorting (Note: MRV is not enabled). This shows up in the Playlist, where an A-Z sort gives two groups of A-Z sort, one after the other. It also shows up in single-channel program lists (guide/highlight channel name/display) after to drill down to a program and then back out, the channel list is now balky and generally completely out of order (whole date range blocks are misordered, with next Tuesday following next Friday).

This all seems one bug, but I've not seen it mentioned here. Does my unit have a problem?

Edited by gully_foyle, 06 August 2012 - 08:46 PM.

DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

#272 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Was watching the Royals lose again last night and was live or nearly live when the picture froze. No response from remote. Picture was on one frame and stuttering. Had been going back and forth between a recording and the game. Had to hard reboot. I had noticed that the remote was taking longer and longer to execute commands the last several days and was thinking about a reboot. Guess it finally forced my hand.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#273 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

After using my new HR34 for a month, I see one large glaring issue: program sorting (Note: MRV is not enabled). This shows up in the Playlist, where an A-Z sort gives two groups of A-Z sort, one after the other. It also shows up in single-channel program lists (guide/highlight channel name/display) after to drill down to a program and then back out, the channel list is now balky and generally completely out of order (whole date range blocks are misordered, with next Tuesday following next Friday).

This all seems one bug, but I've not seen it mentioned here. Does my unit have a problem?

All hrs had that bug for a wile. It's a bug and will be fixed. Already has been in the other hrs.

spam firewall