Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for Android v2.2.2 - Issues and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   morgan79

morgan79

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

why do they do this put out this info take dtv everywhere & then when you go to use it it don't work....i hope they fix this..they half *** do everything....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Still crashes on Xoom with official Jellybean update, no video on Droid Incredible with latest OTA either.

I've been sending crash reports since the original deployment of the app. Useful theory, useless app if they aren't going to support some pretty common devices.

#23 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sooo...I get an e-mail from D* this afternoon telling me that since I'm such a great guy, in August I get a free pay per view movie to watch on my laptop, phone, or tablet.

Sooo....I fire up my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, load the D* app, try to watch a movie, and the app crashes...just like it always has....

FAIL!

#24 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Gotta be a screen resolution and/or size problem I guess...still get crashing on the EVO LTE....very surprised this bug has continued to be here with no update on its solution...

#25 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Gotta be a screen resolution and/or size problem I guess...still get crashing on the EVO LTE....very surprised this bug has continued to be here with no update on its solution...

Funny as hell to me since I can watch HBO Go just fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0, yet the D* app crashes when trying to show the same program.

Wonder if the guys writing the D* droid app need to talk to the guys who wrote the HBO Go app.......:lol:

#26 OFFLINE   Rexal

Rexal

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

I'm running a Droid Razr. I can get video for one session after an un/re-instal but after that I get the spinning icon when trying to view then back to the detail page. Maybe once every 15 tries or so I'll get another video to play. Funny thing is, only happens on 3/4G, never get any video on wi-fi (except the preview, like others have said, works every time.) I've tried to uncheck the "3G box" but it doesn't seem to change anything. I have an old Droid 3 that I kept and it works perfect every time, since I have no service on it, it's wi-fi only.
It's a free service (with the appropriate subscriptions of course) so I can't get too upset, but it sure can get frustrating.

#27 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

Just a observation.
"Watch On Phone" works fine on my SGII running AOKP ICS. It doesn't work when I run CM10 Jellybean (experimental). The other app features work fine on JB.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#28 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Fully stock, factory Rezound with ICS:

Error in media player

#29 OFFLINE   stsrep

stsrep

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

As an update I rolled back my rooted Galaxy Nexus from JB to ICS and the app works fine.
I have ICS on my stock LePan II tablet and the app won't show movies etc.

#30 OFFLINE   taz291819

taz291819

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Video plays fine on my rooted (and custom rom) HTC Thunderbolt.

#31 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

Video plays fine on my rooted (and custom rom) HTC Thunderbolt.

What android release is the rom based on, GB, ICS, JB?

The app works just fine on my SGII running GB and ICS based custom roms. The "Play on phone" doesn't work when I'm running JB based rom.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#32 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

App just updated to 2.2.3, not sure what's new/changed/fixed yet.

#33 OFFLINE   Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

There is a thread on this new update not even 1 post from the top of the section...let's continue new update discussion there.

spam firewall