Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Joey picture quality is poor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   samsp99

samsp99

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I just switched from DirecTV to Dish and had a hopper and single joey installed on Tuesday. The installation went smoothly and the switch over has been pain free.

One issue that I am running into though is that the picture quality on the joey is much worse than the hopper. Both are connected to 1080p LCDs. It appears like there are more compression artifacts in the joey picture, as if its being badly compressed again. The dish UI appears clean, its just the PQ of the video. If I pause the same show on both devices, the picture looks great on the hopper, but worse on the joey. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

The installer saw that I had a network tap next to the hopper, so he used the ethernet connection on the hopper rather than the joey ethernet box he was going to use instead. I don't seem to get home media from the Joey, is there anything else I am missing in this configuration?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

I just switched from DirecTV to Dish and had a hopper and single joey installed on Tuesday. The installation went smoothly and the switch over has been pain free.

One issue that I am running into though is that the picture quality on the joey is much worse than the hopper. Both are connected to 1080p LCDs. It appears like there are more compression artifacts in the joey picture, as if its being badly compressed again. The dish UI appears clean, its just the PQ of the video. If I pause the same show on both devices, the picture looks great on the hopper, but worse on the joey. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

The installer saw that I had a network tap next to the hopper, so he used the ethernet connection on the hopper rather than the joey ethernet box he was going to use instead. I don't seem to get home media from the Joey, is there anything else I am missing in this configuration?

The installer should have left a phone number for you to call if you have any problems within xx amount of days that they would come back and fix any problems.Call them,Good Luck!:)

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Try other channel ...

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

If you are having a picture quality issue, I can schedule a technician to your home. Have you tried unplugging the Joey from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds to reboot the receiver? Did the picture deterioration occur after the technician left your home? Please let me know. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...