Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home DVR

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   quattro40v

quattro40v

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

I just got another HR24 and H25. They also activated Whole Home DVR. I was surprised to learn that only the H25 allows you to select which DVR you would like to record onto. I am unable to do this on either HR24. For example, the HR24 in the living room is independent from the HR24 in my master bedroom in terms of scheduling recordings. I was hoping that I could select which DVR I want to record onto as the one in the living room is getting close to capacity and be able to only use one DVR to schedule recordings and have the ability to delegate onto which unit they will record.

Am I missing something or is it supposed to be this way?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   quattro40v

quattro40v

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Another question I have is if the system is intelligent enough to automatically record onto the second HR24 once the primary reaches capacity?

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,954 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Am I missing something or is it supposed to be this way?
Another question I have is if the system is intelligent enough to automatically record onto the second HR24 once the primary reaches capacity?

You're not missing anything & no it isn't that intelligent.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,237 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

This is working as designed. H series receivers can choose where to record HR series always records locally.

The DVR's do not communicate to set up recordings when one is full, they work independently of each other.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,946 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

you can however use a smartphone or tablet or the DirecTV.com website to schedule recordings to other DVRs

Protected By... spam firewall...And...