Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT:OTA Event Timer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

After manually adding OTA digital channels via the main menu and local channel selection, I can then view the channels by manually selecting them with the remote. The newly added channels also appear in the program guide but on a couple of occasions the receiver crashed when I used the program guide to access the OTA channels. However the OTA channels do not even show up in the timer management guide. I accessed the timer menu directly from the main menu. The create timer only shows from channels 101 to the 9000 set of channels. "NO LOCALS APPEAR". Thus there is no way to create an event timer with OTA channels.

Flash Version F051
Boot Version 120B
SW Version L142HECD-N !pride

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:10 AM

The OTA local channels show up at the bottom of the list, below the 9000 series channels. Are you saying that they aren't there on your list? Did you scroll all the way to the bottom?
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:16 AM

The OTA local channels show up at the bottom of the list, below the 9000 series channels. Are you saying that they aren't there on your list? Did you scroll all the way to the bottom?

Mark-Yes, I'm almost sure I tried both ways. I'm at work now but when I get home tonight I'll check it again and confirm. Also, I think I should add this BUG
which applies to the OTA record function. The only way I can record an OTA event is by pushing the record button on the remote while I'm viewing the show live. . However once I do this it will not allow me to view another channel. I tried to change channels all different ways thru the guide, manually,ect. The message something like "cannot carry out request, cancell recording and switch to live mode". If I choose this option the recording stops. I can't even continue to record an OTA event as described above and watch a previously recorded DVR program. Press DVR button, highlight and select show to watch, once I select resume or start the OTA recording stops. !pride

#4 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:29 PM

Mark-Yes, I'm almost sure I tried both ways. I'm at work now but when I get home tonight I'll check it again and confirm. Also, I think I should add this BUG
which applies to the OTA record function. The only way I can record an OTA event is by pushing the record button on the remote while I'm viewing the show live. . However once I do this it will not allow me to view another channel. I tried to change channels all different ways thru the guide, manually,ect. The message something like "cannot carry out request, cancell recording and switch to live mode". If I choose this option the recording stops. I can't even continue to record an OTA event as described above and watch a previously recorded DVR program. Press DVR button, highlight and select show to watch, once I select resume or start the OTA recording stops. !pride

well that is a different bug. I still bet it is related to the code on how the OTA tuner iintegrates with the hard drive

#5 OFFLINE   peterd

peterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:57 PM

[...] The only way I can record an OTA event is by pushing the record button on the remote while I'm viewing the show live. [...]

Have you tried directly entering the OTA channel number while in the channel list on the timer screen?

Having entered the Create Timer screen (either from the main menu or the DVR screen), move the cursor into the channel list.

Then, enter the 5 digit OTA channel/sub-channel number directly using the remote (for instance - for channel 2-1, enter 00201).

If this works for you (or doesn't), please post the results so we'll know whether this is in fact a bug on your unit.
Peter
(New to this forum, but far from a newbie!) :)

921 Info (so I don't forget it in bug reports) :grin:
SW: L188HECD-N
Boot: 120B
Flash: F051

HR10-250 Info (no bug reports) :D
SW: 3.1.5D-01-2-357
Capacity: 500 GB (63hrs HD)
NIC: Linksys USB100TX

SW64, DISH 300 @148 & DISH 500 w. duals.
119 split off DISH 500, combined with 110 Sat-C LNB on 24" dish and 101 from GainMaster (D* 101 + BEV 91 & 82)

#6 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

Have you tried directly entering the OTA channel number while in the channel list on the timer screen?

Having entered the Create Timer screen (either from the main menu or the DVR screen), move the cursor into the channel list.

Then, enter the 5 digit OTA channel/sub-channel number directly using the remote (for instance - for channel 2-1, enter 00201).

If this works for you (or doesn't), please post the results so we'll know whether this is in fact a bug on your unit.

peterd- Tried that too. That't how I usually do it so I don't have to scroll. When I put in local channel say 009 it just takes me to channel 101 in channel scroll.
!pride

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:16 PM

Does it take you to channel 101 immediately after you enter the 9 when you press 009, or are you not entering 00901?
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#8 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:52 PM

Does it take you to channel 101 immediately after you enter the 9 when you press 009, or are you not entering 00901?

Mark-I tried 00901 and it came up. Thanks. I know this is not a complaint forum, but I have to say I'm beginning to become frustrated. I'm spending more time writing bugs and rebooting than watching TV. I think I'm going to give up on the OTA until the new software comes out. I'm hoping for better results. One of my better stations gets a consistent 85 to 90% SS and it seems the OTA won't even stay locked for more than 10 minutes. Hopefully as you told me on another thread the new software will be more robust. Thanks again! !pride

#9 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:37 PM

Hang in there Eagles. Your reports are very appreciated by the developers and by me! The new software version is coming soon that will fix a lot of these issues.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...