Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Prometheus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Was I the only one who was disappointed in this movie? I was really dying to see it but I wish I had gone to see The Avengers again. Or just stayed at home.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

I was extremely disappointed, because I thought the title was "Promiscuous".

Totally different movie than I thought

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,586 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Try channel 590! :lol:

Disappointed, too, but the 3D effects were good, graphics great overall. The story, as such, wasn't much, and it certainly had Ridley Scott writ large all over it, big surprise!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#4 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Try channel 590! :lol:

Disappointed, too, but the 3D effects were good, graphics great overall. The story, as such, wasn't much, and it certainly had Ridley Scott writ large all over it, big surprise!

Yeah the visuals were outstanding. But the characters made stupid decisions and assumptions (Only having a few hand guns and some flame throwers tyo use as weapons. Telling the head of security to leave his gun because they were on a scientific mission and the head of security doing it. The two ding-a-lings who got so nervous they had to go back to the ship and then got lost even though they have GPS and a 3D image of every cave those probes flew into. And then those same two think it's a good idea to try to touch some weird looking alien snake thing....)

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,586 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Touch? Heck, he was practically French kissing it...:nono2: Anything that looks that much like a Cobra is best left at a good distance.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Being a H.P. Lovecraft fan I found this movie very enjoyable since its extremely similar to "At the Mountains of Madness" , So much so that Guillermo Del Torro canceled his adaptation of AtMoM due to this movie lol.

Despite the characters making stupid decisions I quite enjoyed the film, it was really interesting to see how the "Black Goo" interacted with different people/creatures depending on the level of exposure to it.
Being an Alien fan (well only a fan of the first 2 films) this was great and answered alot of questions, as a Fan It was really awesome to see a protomorph on screen for the first time.

#7 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Being a H.P. Lovecraft fan I found this movie very enjoyable since its extremely similar to "At the Mountains of Madness" , So much so that Guillermo Del Torro canceled his adaptation of AtMoM due to this movie lol.

Despite the characters making stupid decisions I quite enjoyed the film, it was really interesting to see how the "Black Goo" interacted with different people/creatures depending on the level of exposure to it.
Being an Alien fan (well only a fan of the first 2 films) this was great and answered alot of questions, as a Fan It was really awesome to see a protomorph on screen for the first time.

I know i'm nearly alone in this but I liked Alien :Resurrection.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...