Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR-34 with AM21 observation

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Ah Ha! Thank you!! Sadly when I scan for channels using my TV tuner i get 25 channels. When the the dtv system scans for channels, I only end up with 17. I wish the HR34 & AM21 would scan for channels in the same way my TV set does, or give the option of adding channels on our own.

The way to find the channels the HR34 finds in a scan is if they have "Regular Schedule" for guide data and not actual guide data.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   JustRob

JustRob

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

You could always try using antennas pointed in different directions and combining them. Hopefully you wouldn't have any reflection/multipath problems.

ChannelMaster makes something called a JoinTenna which is used for combining the signals of multiple antennas into one coax without adding noise as is done by using simply a coax splitter as a combiner. I am using that right now as PBS is in a different direction than all the other locals (by about 120 degrees). Conceivably, you could use multiple of these things so long as the channels you're trying to get are not too close in frequency (nothing to do with channel number). I think it only works for UHF though.
1@HR20-700, 2@HR20-100, 5-LNB Slimline
SWM-8 w/1SWM-compatible splitter
Separate ATSC coax feed via attic antenna

spam firewall