Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PTAT for Sports

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

This happens a lot with Dish when the info for a program gets changed.

#22 OFFLINE   Arya Stark

Arya Stark

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

Any chance they change that or is that just the way they like to do things?

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,270 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

The program guide data problem will likely persist. Setting a timer for something in the guide and then having that something change means the program will not record (unless it changes to something also covered by timers). The solution for the guide data problem is to get DISH's vendor to get the guide data right as soon as possible (changing TBA games to the correct information as soon as they can earlier in the week).

The issue with games running past the scheduled end time can be fixed by the user unskipping the recording (and letting the hour padding do it's job) or DISH fixing PTAT to honor the hour padding added to sports. Will they do that?

#24 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I don't think a single NFL game recorded to the end on PTAT. I don't think Dish cares about this at all. It would be easy to add 1 hr instead of adding 30 minutes.

On on EST, but I wonder - do the Sunday NFL games start early in the other time zones? If they do, does PTAT go until 11PM your time?

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor
Hopper w/ Sling - basement, bedroom, audio feed
video distributed over cat5
audio distributed over Russound

#25 OFFLINE   chriscpmtmp

chriscpmtmp

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

I guess Dish is never going to update PTAT to work with sports. The final 4 games was chopped off with 7 minutes to go on Saturday.

So my gripe is clear, when there is a sports event in PTAT, they pad the time by 30 minutes. So they adjust, just not enough.

Chris

61.5/72
Super Joey - main floor
Hopper w/ Sling - basement, bedroom, audio feed
video distributed over cat5
audio distributed over Russound

#26 OFFLINE   charlesrshell

charlesrshell

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

The way I handle the weekend PTAT programs that run over is by setting up two satellite and one OTA manual timers for ABC, NBC, and CBS. Don’t have a manual timer for FOX. Timer frequency is set for daily from 10 to 11 pm CST, priority 1, 2, & 3. This way if any PTAT programs run over even during the week these timers will catch the overage. It rarely happens during the week but sometimes a big news event happens or the President decides to break in and disrupt the PTAT programs. This seems to work the best for me with the least bit of effort or concern over missing any portions of a PTAT program. This way you don’t have to be concerned if a PTAT program runs over and you aren't at home or having to monitor a program to see if it is going to run over, etc, etc. If any priority issues pop up I will just skip event the manual timers as required. This is working out great for me.

Dish 1000+ / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / Slingbox 500 / RF Modulator x3 / OTA Module x4
119 / 110 / 129 / 118.7 / DPP44 x2 / Duo Node x2 / Hopper w/Sling x4 / Joey / Wireless Joey / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHD x2
AEP HD / XTSY / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
55" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD / 23" Toshiba HD LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...