Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new dallas as good as ever

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

What a great season so far, and this past episode was quite shocking in the ending moments. WOW, just WOW

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,330 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Deja vu with respect to who shot J.R., huh? Interesting ending.

Say what you will, but to me, Dallas isn't Dallas without J.R. Ewing.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#43 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

As good as ever? Doubtful. But then that's not saying much; the original was never exactly Shakespeare.

I got through an ep and a half. But what surprised me is how good Larry Hagman was. I never got that during 356 eps of the earlier series (which I probably only watched because Victoria Principal had this amazing rack), during "Jeannie", or anywhere else, except for his appearance in cult movie Beware The Blob, which he also directed. Somehow that particular role impressed me, nothing before or after did, and then in the new Dallas he blew everyone's doors off.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#44 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I love the 1979-92 Dallas. Watched every episode. I also like the new series. However it took a full season to grow on me. I admit the new series will not do as good without JR (Hagman). Was really sad to see the TV burial/funeral. Knowing it's not acting but real. I could tell the legends were not having to ACT tears and emotions. When they are with a cast member for 13 seasons then it's like family. I hope Dallas continues. Seems like it will be interesting to see how and who shot JR this time. Even though I wasn't alive when JR was shot in season 2 in 1980, I know how it was global who wanted to know. RIP Larry Hagman!
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...