Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Finally back up and running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gkamer

gkamer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Been having pixelation on both tv's since Memorial Day weekend. I chalked it up to bad weather cause the weather here has been pretty rotten pretty much every day. But for the past couple of days the problem continued even though the skies have been blue and sunny. So I called in for a service call.

The Tech came out today, and replaced the antenna, but it did not fix the problem. He then determined that a rather large tree belonging to my neighbor was the culprit. Seems the branches were blowing over and blocking the dishes line of site. So he tied me lines in with another antenna dish and that solved the problem. I have an R22/100 receiver and he told me he did not see to many of them around because they were a good receiver. But he did point out that since I have the service plan the call and repairs were at no cost, so after 3 years of paying for the plan it finally paid off.

So it's all finally good.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

So, did he attach your receiver to someone else's dish? If so, that would be a big no-no and could cause you issues down the line.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,174 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

right. Specially with WHDVR. sharing a dish is a big NO. couldn't the tech find LOS in your property?

spam firewall