Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'Weeds' Canceled by Showtime; Season 8 Will Be the Show's Last

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Beautiful ending to a beautiful show. Weeds will truly be missed. I really enjoyed the final scene, and overall I think the finale did offer some closure that we didn't get last year in season 7.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,714 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Weeds started out great and after around the 3rd season it really got dumb. It became much to dark. I still watch it but "The Big C" kinda took it's place as my favorite. Now "Big C" season 3, just like Weeds, started losing it's direction. It seems 2 seasons are good enough for most of these type of shows before they start losing their originality. After season 2 they just look for stuff to drag them out and play off their previous popularity.

I'd tend to agree with those overall assessments.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I never got into Weeds, but my wife did and I'm sure she'll miss it. I like to watch Dexter instead, although it's getting a bit long-in-the-tooth also.

Maybe Showtime is starting to revamp their original line-up in order to compete with the likes of Boardwalk Empire, Boss or Magic City. I don't think they can make a good showing of it with just Homeland as a flagship of sorts.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#24 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I like to watch Dexter instead, although it's getting a bit long-in-the-tooth also.

Its also been confirmed that Season 8 will be the final season of Dexter. Which would be next years season.

Dexter Season 8 will be the last; producers know exactly how it's going to end (may contain spoilers)

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#25 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,431 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Beautiful ending to a beautiful show. Weeds will truly be missed. I really enjoyed the final scene, and overall I think the finale did offer some closure that we didn't get last year in season 7.

We really agree. Thought it was the best finale in recent years. Not as good as, say, M*A*S*H back when, but well done.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#26 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Its also been confirmed that Season 8 will be the final season of Dexter. Which would be next years season.

Dexter Season 8 will be the last; producers know exactly how it's going to end (may contain spoilers)

Yeah, that's ok. I was starting to feel sorry for the writers. Last season would have been ok, too.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#27 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

I liked the finale but I wasn't over the moon about it. It almost wrapped up too neatly for me.

And where the hell is Celia????

#28 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I think they are ending it way before a unlimited potential. Go with it, I will watch

#29 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

I liked the finale but I wasn't over the moon about it. It almost wrapped up too neatly for me.

I thought about that through the whole season. But that didn't cross my mind on the last episode and you just brought it up.

Now I'm :confused: as well!

#30 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,431 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Elizabeth Perkins will be in the new (2013) ABC comedy "How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life" about a recently divorced single mom who moves in with her eccentric parents who are full of life but know no boundaries. Perkins, who's one of the parents, co-stars are Sarah Chalke (the single mom) and Brad Garrett (the other parent).

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#31 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Elizabeth Perkins will be in the new (2013) ABC comedy "How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life" about a recently divorced single mom who moves in with her eccentric parents who are full of life but know no boundaries. Perkins, who's one of the parents, co-stars are Sarah Chalke (the single mom) and Brad Garrett (the other parent).

That sounds amusing

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#32 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,289 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

That sounds amusing

Mildly. :sure:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#33 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,730 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

I was questioning where Celia Hodes was, though. ;)

Dean was at the party and we heard about Bruce, but I was hoping they would at least toss in a line about Celia just so we had some idea what she was doing "now".

#34 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

I was questioning where Celia Hodes was, though. ;)

Dean was at the party and we heard about Bruce, but I was hoping they would at least toss in a line about Celia just so we had some idea what she was doing "now".

Yeah, I was hoping to see or at least hear about Celia. They even brought back Doug's son Josh, and he was only in the first episode. Celia was a main cast member for the first few years.

#35 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,846 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

It was a funny episode but I thought it was pretty disconnected. It felt more like "Weeds: The Movie" to me.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#36 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

I really liked how it wrapped. If they would have tried to tie every loose end it would have been a mess.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

Protected By... spam firewall...And...