Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Whole Home - Missing Playlists on 2 of 6 DVR's

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vfz

vfz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

MRV RUNNING FOR 4 days fine. 10 receivers sharing, 6 are DVR's. DECA INSTALLED. INTERNET WORKING. I RESET RECEIVERS, no fix.

four of the six receivers see ALL playlists on ALL receivers. DVR 1 has a large playlist but when you go to list playlists, there is nothing, it is sharing properly allowing access to all. If you go to DVR 2, same thing. But if you go to DVR's 3-6, or HD Receivers 1-4, they see all programming recorded on DVR's 1 and 2 and everywhere else.

I reset DVR's 1 & 2, but still the same. Status shows all 6 DVR's on ALL receivers, even the ones with the missing playlists screens.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Check Your playlist options (Yellow button) The playlists for DVR 1 and 2 may be set to "Local Playlist".

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#3 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

If that isn't the case then do a "reset" on those 2 units.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

If that isn't the case then do a "reset" on those 2 units.

OP stated that they already reset the two problem DVRs.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'd reset everything:
Power down the DVRs, the Router, the Switches, etc.
Then repower the Router, then the switches (if you have any) and then the DVRs.

These are computers - think like a PC tech :)

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'd reset everything:
Power down the DVRs, the Router, the Switches, etc.
Then repower the Router, then the switches (if you have any) and then the DVRs.

These are computers - think like a PC tech :)

If that's the case, you can even look at powering down the PI's as well. They should be the last thing powered down (unplugged) and the first thing powered back up (although you can wait to do the CCK's PI until after the router is powered up).

- Merg

#7 OFFLINE   vfz

vfz

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

If that's the case, you can even look at powering down the PI's as well. They should be the last thing powered down (unplugged) and the first thing powered back up (although you can wait to do the CCK's PI until after the router is powered up).

- Merg

Update.
My wife's "reset" was from the menu's and not the red buttons. I assumed it was with the red button until I walked through it. I reset both units by the red button, and the play lists were re-built. I presume there is a hard reset and a soft reset...

regardless, I hope this isn't something that happens a lot. Reset's take several minutes and are a pain.

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,941 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

It's been said that a menu re-set is the same as a red button reset (RBR), only gentler. Though in fact, the RBR may do more as indicated, or it was the fact it was a second reset, or done at the right time...

They can take a bit, and not often required. I periodically reset just before bedtime.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

Update.
My wife's "reset" was from the menu's and not the red buttons. I assumed it was with the red button until I walked through it. I reset both units by the red button, and the play lists were re-built. I presume there is a hard reset and a soft reset...

regardless, I hope this isn't something that happens a lot. Reset's take several minutes and are a pain.

It's been said that a menu re-set is the same as a red button reset (RBR), only gentler. Though in fact, the RBR may do more as indicated, or it was the fact it was a second reset, or done at the right time...

They can take a bit, and not often required. I periodically reset just before bedtime.

Yup. You should perform a reset via the menu and not via the red button, if at all possible. The menu reset allows the receiver to shut-down processes and perform necessary clean-up prior to the reboot.

- Merg

#10 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,720 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Yup. You should perform a reset via the menu and not via the red button, if at all possible. The menu reset allows the receiver to shut-down processes and perform necessary clean-up prior to the reboot.

- Merg

We do need to disprove any myth about the red button reset being of some use other than when you can't use the menu to reset the DVR.

"Now there is..." a case where removing power [pulling power cord] can do things that a [any] reset doesn't seem to clear.
Should you need/want to try this, start with the menu reset and before the power comes back on, remove the cord and give it 5-10 mins before plugging it back in.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall