Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Any other way to toggle receiver from HD to SD other than holding down EXIT?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Well, there are several "OUTS" on my Slingbox PRO-HD. However, when I hooked up the cables to the OUT there was no "OUT" signal.

After doing a quick experiment it appears that the "OUT" only works with the same "IN". I had composite out and component in. Got the proper cable and hooked up the component out and the signal was sent! Off to Radio Shack to see if they have a Component to RF or Composite converter.

Edited by 996911, 19 June 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Looks like Radio Shack (and others locally) only have Composite to RF. Just ordered the Component to Composite converter and will report back.

This is just ridiculous that you have to spend money to "fix" something like this that should work to begin with. Oh well, it's just $ :)
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#23 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

The real easy way is to get one of these:

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

I'm using 5 of them and everything works just like it did before they made the change.

The only problem with this unit is tha the closed captioning information that is embedded in the video stream, and decoded by your television set, is not in the video stream of this device. It IS in the SD video stream output by my HR22s and my HR21. I want to be able to turn the CC on and off from the television, not just the DVR.

This is just ridiculous that you have to spend money to "fix" something like this that should work to begin with. Oh well, it's just $

I totally agree, except for the "it's just money" part. I shouldn't have to pay to fix something that DirecTV had working just fine, and then broke!:mad:
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#24 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

Can't take it with me, so I might as well spend it :)
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#25 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 809 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Success!

Well, it's not exactly the optimal solution, but it works and I don't have to worry about the SD/HD toggle. Next time I will run a set of component or hdmi cables to the garage.

Component out on D* box to Component In on Slingbox. Component Out on Slingbox to Compnent In on Component to Composite Converter. Then S-Video out on converter to S-Video In on RF modulator that has RF out to TV in garage. Wheh!

The picture is a little "soft" almost like you are one small step off focus but not bad at all.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4102.jpg
  • IMG_4103.jpg
  • IMG_4105.jpg
  • IMG_4106.jpg
  • IMG_4108.jpg

Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#26 OFFLINE   danielcarroll34

danielcarroll34

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Same issue where I get the screen to hold down exit. Holding down Exit does nothing, though, from India.

I have my little cousin who went to my house and he changed the guide to only show SD channels. That didn't work. I had him disconnect the HDMI cable. That didn't work.

I mean, that damn screen goes away and I can navigate to my favorite known stations, but I have no way to look at my DVR list. I will have some serious Open Championship and Big Brother withdrawal since I am stuck here until the end of July...

Any suggestions???

#27 OFFLINE   pearkel

pearkel

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Same issue where I get the screen to hold down exit. Holding down Exit does nothing, though, from India.

I have my little cousin who went to my house and he changed the guide to only show SD channels. That didn't work. I had him disconnect the HDMI cable. That didn't work.

I mean, that damn screen goes away and I can navigate to my favorite known stations, but I have no way to look at my DVR list. I will have some serious Open Championship and Big Brother withdrawal since I am stuck here until the end of July...

Any suggestions???

I have a HR24 feeding high def tv in bedroom via hdmi, the same HR24 feeding a kitchen tv and bathroom tv via modulator. Everything worked great until the HD guide switch. What I learned is to change the channel to 100 to get the receiver in SD mode and then i can browse my guide, playlist, ect on the remote tvs (controlled by a rf remote) and then select what i want. I still have the nag screen on any hd content but goes away quickly. I try and use trickplay the majority of the time to prevent the nag screen from showing up.
You could also have your cousin just set up the resolution of your box to 480i and everything should just come across fine.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...