Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to setup recordings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Is there a right way vs wrong way to setup recordings. All mine are of shows that are on weekly as in NCIS. I bring up the guide click on program and tell it I want to record series. I go to episodes where there are many options. Usually I choose Only New. Why I want to know is I have 39 timers set and in the past have had to delete some in order to record a new series. But would like to have kept the old ones as next fall they be coming back. Is there a limit on how many timers I can have or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for all your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network

Mentor

• DISH Representative
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

On the Hopper and Joey system the maximum number of timers you can set up is 96. I would be happy to look into this issue further for you, please private message me your account information so that I can assist you further. Thank you.
Cheri Torres
Social Media Representative
Cheri.Torres@Dish.com

#3 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Testing out what you said I had 39 and added another one to ake 40. I tried adding another and just got the message "the Maximum number of Event timers has been reached. No more can be created at this time without deleting one previously created." this is way off from 96 you state. I have sent you a pm.

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

There are 2 elements to the limit. The other part is 576 possible events generated by those timers. Reruns count here even if a New Only timer causes them to be skipped. It doesn't seem you should be hitting that even if all your timers are on channels like USA, MTV and CMDY.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

With cable channels, it is easy to have a large number of skipped events that count toward the 576 limit. The difference with the Hopper is that there is no posting if how many you have used. With seek and record timers the potential is even greater for reaching the limit because of syndication on other networks. If you have timers triggering excessive skips, try setting weekly or M-F timers for those shows.

I am up to 85 timeers with no problem yet, but I do have Top Gear on weekly, because it is repeated so often.

spam firewall