Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Engadget and Gizmodo app

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rlavinder

rlavinder

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

The last couple of days I have noticed the Engadget and Gizmodo apps are missing from my app lineup. They are still listed as my TV apps on the setup menu but are not showing up on my list when I hit the right arrow button. Where did they go?
rlavinder
Directv subscriber since 8/2010
HR24-500 Family Room & Living Room
HR24-100 in Master Bedroom H24 in son's room

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   caseyf5

caseyf5

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts
  • LocationBethpage, NY 11714

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hello rlavinder,

If you look really careful you will see the Engadget and Gizmodo apps are grayed out in your TV apps. I have just checked and it is the same with mine. I have noticed that many more of my apps are grayed out. I checked on all apps and there are many missing. This means that they are not available at present and could be gone for any period of time up to forever or even longer. :slowgrin:
My setup: 1 HR34/700 DVR no external HD, 1 HR24/500 DVR using WD 2TB Green HD and Antec MX-1 enclosure (used for CE) and 3 H24/700 receivers, 1 SL5 Dish (4 cable), 1 SWM16 Multiswitch, 1 Wired CCK. 1 Whole Home with DECA, 1 Sharp LC-37GP1U TV, 1 Sony Home Theater System HT-CT550W (Soundbar), 1 Impact 6x2 Component Video Matrix (Switcher) and 2 Sewell 1x2 HDMI Splitters with Ethernet, 3D Support and 4Kx2K Resolution with multiple hdmi cables with Ethernet.

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

You can check availability of apps if you go to the setup screen, when you select TV Apps. Or go online to see what apps are available and add or remove them from there. Here is the link that takes you directly to it. You will need to log in with your DIRECTV email and password for your online account. Below is an alphabetical listing of all Apps and Engadget and Gizmodo are missing.
HR34-700, HR22-100

Protected By... spam firewall...And...