Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x05D2/0x45D2/0x5D3/0x59D/0x5CD Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

That's puzzling. I have 30skip enabled and I'm getting the problem.

Exactly... If you were using 30SLIP you wouldn't have the behavior.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Burt

Burt

AllStar

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Exactly... If you were using 30SLIP you wouldn't have the behavior.

Guess I misread it. I'll give it a try. Did this happen before this upgrade? I don't remember seeing it before.

#83 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

30 second skip not working on locally inserted commercials has happened on and off a couple times now. There are a few threads around here about it.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#84 OFFLINE   HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts
  • Locationnorth east pa

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

got 5d2 6-26 working fine no more bugs. hr20-700

#85 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

got 5d2 6-26 working fine no more bugs. hr20-700

Can you define "no more bugs"? Which bugs exactly did it fix for you?

BTW... I have a convertible, black 2002 WS6 exactly like your icon picture. :D

#86 OFFLINE   scirica

scirica

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

I haven't had any audio problems. My HR24 is connected via HDMI directly to a Samsung TV. Maybe, there is still a problem if there is an AVR connected between the TV and the DVR.

The problem has been resolved for my AVR (Anthem MRX-500). Resolution changes are stable and follow the native setting in my HR23-700. DirecTV to Anthem to Samsung UN60D7050.

#87 OFFLINE   HIGHWAY

HIGHWAY

Legend

• Registered
  • 129 posts
  • Locationnorth east pa

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

my ws6 is 1998 with 16500 mi like new. bugs handshake issue is gone also resolution issue is fixed. Holydoc was not home to repply.

#88 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Unfortunately, our R22-100 got 0x5D2 last night & is stuck in a start up loop. It goes from "almost there...just a few more seconds" to "running receiver self-check" & then repeats. I'm going to unplug it & see what happens...

Unplugging for 10 minutes didn't change anything. I'm going to try swapping in the component video cable. I am seeing a lot of screen flickering before it goes to the self-check stage. It's currently using an HDMI-DVI cable plugged into an older rear-projection HDTV (with no HDMI), maybe something is weird with that...

FIXED UPDATE: So, I unplugged the HDMI-DVI cable...and it started right up. :lol: Once it started, I re-connected the HDMI-DVI cable, and it is working fine with that connection now. I am thinking it might be safer to use the component video cable with that TV from now on, although the DVI connection does look just a bit better to me.

Not fixed update #2. The DVR subsequently died after another reboot loop & it detected hard drive errors. Replacement receiver on the way.

#89 OFFLINE   Chip Moody

Chip Moody

Legend

• Registered
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

I see that I got 5D2 a few days ago - gonna go back to HDMI and see how that works for me.

Along with the resolution bug from the previous release, I also got the hideously long delays while trying to access and/or scroll through the guide. Not sure if that's been fixed with 5D2 on my HR21P or not, but I'll be looking for that. Based on your experience, I'm going to assume that I'll still be seeing it. :(

- Chip

With 05D2 I'm finding the guide is often slower to populate and respond. Not every time, but often enough to notice. When I press GUIDE an empty guide screen will come up, then it takes anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds to populate, and the remote won't respond at all during that time.

The LIST function seems to come up OK though. That was a problem a couple versions ago and at least that seems OK now.

"How can one little insulated wire bring so much happiness!?!" - Homer Simpson

#90 OFFLINE   Bruceski44

Bruceski44

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have two HD DVRs co-located, one for my wife and one for me. Mine is a HR20-100, hers is an HR22-100. Hers works fine.

Mine recorded two shows, one on each tuner, Monday at 7pm, so there were no issues then.

Wed. morning at 2am, got the latest update and since then, it shows a black screen and no audio. It shows the channel banner, which updates when the channel is changed, but no program material. Looking at the shows that have been recorded since the update, it shows a progress bar at the bottom and appears to play an entire half-hour or hour long show, but the screen is black and there is no audio.

I can watch shows recorded before the update occurred with no problems.

I had the same problem a month ago, after the previous update, but unplugging it worked to fix the issues then. A RBR or reset from the menu did not work. Now nothing works.

I have a 1TB external HDD which is 78% full.

After running the self-test, I get error 43-494 Dish Pointing Problem and code 771 when playing one of the blank recordings. This is curious, because there were no problems with either channel up until Monday evening and the other DVR works fine. They each get two feeds from my 16-way multiswitch. I connected a different pair of cables from a third DVR and it made no difference.

The technician is coming Tuesday morning and I expect him to tell me to remove the eSATA drive and reset everything. I would love to hear him explain how the software update caused the problem, but do not expect that.

Does anyone have any helpful information that would help to explain and resolve the problem? If so, thanks for posting your helpful reply.

#91 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

My main problem with 5D2 on my Hr23-700 is the speed and response time (or lack there of)...often can't enter more than 2 digits...scrolling is slow....channel changes can take several seconds. It's much like the initial HD guide release.

#92 OFFLINE   steve841

steve841

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Well... I've been paying attention to the menu delays...and can note....

The delays and hangs occur when scrolling thru menus with the "picture" banner channels.. Get into the on demand channels menu and it's a total loss for about 2-3 minutes before the system responds to the remote.

#93 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Ever since my HR23 got it it has been dropping MRV regularly.

EDIT: As it turns out the update hasnt caused MRV issues. The update just coincided with a network issue that has since been resolved.

Edited by Xsabresx, 05 July 2012 - 02:58 PM.

since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#94 OFFLINE   erwildcat

erwildcat

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Since I got it, I have drop outs every 5-10 seconds on two of my local channels. Could it be the new update or is something else going on? I get the Greensboro locals and my signal strengths on that transponder are 98-tuner1 and 99-tuner 2. My other locals are fine.
DirecTV Customer Since 2000

#95 OFFLINE   muohio

muohio

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Received the 5d2 update on my HR22-100 on June 26th and since then, the box is very unresponsive. It takes 10-15 seconds after pressing guide before anything populates the grid. Really frustrating as the original HD guide update made things so much better and now it's worse than ever. I'm not under contract anymore and the option of dumping the satellite bill is becoming more attractive.

#96 OFFLINE   Ancient1

Ancient1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Received 5d3 on the HR-24 yesterday. No more handshake problems (which were actually fixed on 5cd) but now when trying to move up or down on the guide, it skips. Volume changes also seem to move very quickly - it is hard to stop at the volume wanted without it getting ahead of you and becoming too loud or too quiet. So far, that's all I have noticed. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this up-date, but it sure doesn't seem to be a step ahead.
Bedroom: HR23-700 feeding Integra DTR-6.8 via HDMI, into 42" Toshiba REGZA 42RV53OU LCD.
Theater: HR22-100 into Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, into Aragon 8008X3 amps, then into JVC DLA-RS2U projector.
Living Room: HR24-200 feeding Yamaha RX-A3000 via HDMI, into 55" Toshiba 55UL605U LCD.

DirecTV user since 2000.

#97 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

Received 5d3 on the HR-24 yesterday. No more handshake problems (which were actually fixed on 5cd) but now when trying to move up or down on the guide, it skips. Volume changes also seem to move very quickly - it is hard to stop at the volume wanted without it getting ahead of you and becoming too loud or too quiet. So far, that's all I have noticed. Not sure what they were trying to accomplish with this up-date, but it sure doesn't seem to be a step ahead.

I don't think the software update has anything to do with your volume issues. The DIRECTV remote can control the TV or AVR volume but is unaffected by receiver software updates. Your issue is related to something else.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#98 OFFLINE   Ancient1

Ancient1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

I understand your point, Go Beavs, but considering that everything worked just fine up until the 5d3 release, and that the guide skipping and volume jumping both started at the same time, I have to feel that the new release is the major contributor to the problem. Had it just been the volume issue, I would tend to agree with you. I don't use the D* remote usually, as I have RTI remotes on each of my systems, but I will switch over to it to see if it acts differently.
Incidentally, I was born and raised in Portland - so I know where you are coming from!! :)
Bedroom: HR23-700 feeding Integra DTR-6.8 via HDMI, into 42" Toshiba REGZA 42RV53OU LCD.
Theater: HR22-100 into Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, into Aragon 8008X3 amps, then into JVC DLA-RS2U projector.
Living Room: HR24-200 feeding Yamaha RX-A3000 via HDMI, into 55" Toshiba 55UL605U LCD.

DirecTV user since 2000.

#99 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,847 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

I highly doubt the volume control is affected by the release, but my conspiracy theory side has to ask, what remote model number are you using?

#100 OFFLINE   robotec

robotec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hey guys I just had Dish ripped out and DirectTV installed yesterday.
I had 2 Dish HD DVRs controlling 3 sets. One DVR was the 2 tuner model that controlls 2 sets. 1 HD and the SD. I had DirectTV install 2 H25s and 1 HR24. I notice that I'm possibly getting the same HDMI handshake issue with my Yamaha rxv463 receiver talking to the HR24. But this only seems to happen when I have native resolution turned on with the HR24. I seems to get lost sending the audio to my receiver after changing channels. However, after I turn native "off", This stops. Just checking to see if this sounds familier with you guys.

Pros: Better and smaller boxes.
Con: OTA antenna doesnt connect to the boxes like Dish. I miss having that option to look a OTA channels and have them show up in the guide.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...