Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22: 0x05D2/0x45D2/0x5D3/0x59D/0x5CD Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hey guys I just had Dish ripped out and DirectTV installed yesterday.
I had 2 Dish HD DVRs controlling 3 sets. One DVR was the 2 tuner model that controlls 2 sets. 1 HD and the SD. I had DirectTV install 2 H25s and 1 HR24. I notice that I'm possibly getting the same HDMI handshake issue with my Yamaha rxv463 receiver talking to the HR24. But this only seems to happen when I have native resolution turned on with the HR24. I seems to get lost sending the audio to my receiver after changing channels. However, after I turn native "off", This stops. Just checking to see if this sounds familier with you guys.

Pros: Better and smaller boxes.
Con: OTA antenna doesnt connect to the boxes like Dish. I miss having that option to look a OTA channels and have them show up in the guide.

You need an AM21 tuner module if you want OTA and it will show up in your guide. You're at the mercy of DIRECTV's guide data for available channels unless you have an HR34. The rest of the HD receiver lineup doesn't scan for channels.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Con: OTA antenna doesnt connect to the boxes like Dish. I miss having that option to look a OTA channels and have them show up in the guide.

All you need for that is an AM21. Install one of those, hook up your antenna and you're good to go.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#103 OFFLINE   robotec

robotec

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Where can I find one of those and how much are they?

Thanks in advance.
"So far so good"

#104 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Where can I find one of those and how much are they?

Thanks in advance.

On directv.com for $50 or solidsignal.com for $50. I think Amazon has them as well.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#105 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,891 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

Pros: Better and smaller boxes.

You can add an ota tuner to the HR24, it is called an AM21 and will integrate with your guide in the HR24. I have two of them here on different HR boxes, and they work well. You may not get every local channel, but the big network ones are pretty certain. Cost is about $50.00

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#106 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

With both my HR23 and HR24, sometimes when I select a KEYWORD in the so-called SMART SEARCH function, the data portion of the screen will go black for up to one full minute. Then the KEYWORD results will finally appear.

#107 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Not sure if this is related to this update but 2 days ago my HR21-200 was sluggish so I rebooted it and now my AM21 is no longer recognized. I have tried resetting the off-air settings and running the initial set up but nothing has worked. Has anyone else experienced this?

#108 OFFLINE   HDYankee

HDYankee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

My HR21-100 and HR21-200 and H23-600 have all been updated and the 720p problem is gone. However, my 4 H24-700's have not been updated to 0X05CD and it has been weeks.

So I still have the 720p problem and handshake issues and the first time I put in a channel number it never takes are still there on the H24-700.

Obviously, there is something different with these boxes or they wouldn't need a separate version of the software only for these boxes.

Does anyone know why these are taking so long to update? It is getting very frustrating.

#109 OFFLINE   Eben

Eben

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

So I still have the 720p problem and handshake issues and the first time I put in a channel number it never takes are still there on the H24-700.

I know this doesn't solve the problems, but whenever the channel number response gets wacky, push the blue button first, then enter the channel number.

#110 OFFLINE   nowandthen

nowandthen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Lately when I turn my TV on, (DVR is never in standby) I have black bars at the top and bottom of the image. I have to change channels then come back to get back to full height picture. While watching tonight, the picture went blank and no audio. After a second or two the picture came back but the image was squished again. This has been happening for a while, but can't say since 6-20 when the software was downloaded. Very annoying. Haven't read where anyone else is reporting this. :( I hope it's a handshake issue on Dtv part, I don't want to buy a new TV.

ox5d2
HR22 --> Samsung LN-T466?F where ? is a 1 or 5. Not sure which.

Mostly watch HGTV for whatever that is worth.

#111 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Major MRV problems especially on newer receivers with built in DECA H24 and HR24.

Playlists not loading fully on iPad app, Nomad not seeing whole playlist and deleted transcoded shows.

#112 OFFLINE   nowandthen

nowandthen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Not the tv or handshake as the bedroom tv had the same problem this morning and it is fed from the same DVR via the monoprice component to composite converter -> modulator. So clearly no hand shaking going on there.

So I reset the DVR before going to work. Came home this evening, so far so good. No more black bars at top and bottom of picture. Hope it is "fixed" now.

#113 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Both HR21 and Hr20 switched at 6pm to channel 147 CINEHD to record autorecord series link "ALL BREWERS" and showed to be recording brewers at reds, however, the screen just showed the Directv logo. The game was actually in 669-1.

#114 OFFLINE   crlyrdhd

crlyrdhd

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Received update on my HR24-500 on 6/25 and have had problems ever since. When the DVR is idle for 5+ hours, it locks up, can't be turned on via remote or front panel, doesn't record shows, and must be reset to work again. I tried turning off power saving, resetting to defaults, changing from HDMI to component cables, and am now resorting to getting a new DVR so I will lose everything that is recorded. Not sure if it is the update but the problems started the next day and haven't had any problems since I got this DVR just over a year ago.

#115 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Still same resolution not supported.
Now in the last 2 weeks there's a flickering whitish line on top of screen sometimes and it's always in the mini widow.
What the heck is this?

#116 OFFLINE   CaptainInspiration

CaptainInspiration

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

Now in the last 2 weeks there's a flickering whitish line on top of screen sometimes and it's always in the mini widow.
What the heck is this?

That's the encoded data for closed captioning. It's always transmitted on SD stations that support it but typically the TV overscan clips it. Most HD sets allow you to tweak either the overscan or supply a format mode that provides for some clipping of the closed caption encodes. Fiddle with your format options and you should be good to go.

#117 OFFLINE   HDYankee

HDYankee

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

As I had noted in my prior post I had gotten updates on all my boxes except the 4 H24-700's.

Yesterday I received new software on these but the number is 0X5D5 not 0X05CD and it solved the channel and handshake issues.

So it took time but I am a happy camper.

#118 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

That's the encoded data for closed captioning. It's always transmitted on SD stations that support it but typically the TV overscan clips it. Most HD sets allow you to tweak either the overscan or supply a format mode that provides for some clipping of the closed caption encodes. Fiddle with your format options and you should be good to go.

Thanks.
But it's never been there till now. And I've changed nothing. I can turn off then on the DVR and it's gone. So this doesn't seem to fit what you said it is. I believe you. It just doesn't seem to fit. Make sense.

#119 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

What the heck is this?

Thanks.
But it's never been there till now. And I've changed nothing. I can turn off then on the DVR and it's gone. So this doesn't seem to fit what you said it is. I believe you. It just doesn't seem to fit. Make sense.

I get the CC info line on my screen on occasion. It only happens with specific channels, and it isn't consistent. Adjusting the overscan on your television will eliminate the problem if it is too irritating. I doubt it is coming from DirecTV, but in the supply DirecTV gets, and passes on.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#120 OFFLINE   buggs1a

buggs1a

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

It's not my tv. It's directv. I never had this issue till recently and with all the issues with directv, the issue points there. My tv doesn't have any whatever features anyway.

If what yer all saying is true then it would have been there all the time. It has not.

I say all this out of pissed offness and stuff.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...